Sun 29 Sept: League 1 Preliminary Final: Newcastle Thunder v Doncaster KO 12 noon

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newcastle Thunder
    • Doncaster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/09/19 at 11:00

13 minutes ago, dixiedean said:

Good news. Fills in a gap on the West side of the City.

West of the city? Nicknamed the Magpies? I see what they did there.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

We’re getting a brand new 8500+ capacity stadium next year to play in. Compared to Oldham’s ground it is better than Wembley Stadium. 

Im pleased you're doing well, but Just think back 2 or 3 years when it looked like a 4g pitch in a leisure centre was just a dream for York. 

7 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Im pleased you're doing well, but Just think back 2 or 3 years when it looked like a 4g pitch in a leisure centre was just a dream for York. 

The new stadium was always happening and York RL were always going to play in it, so not really a dream but I see where you’re coming from. 

My main point was a final shouldn’t be being played at a ground of Oldham’s standard. It should be a special occasion for the teams and fans involved. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

4 hours ago, cookey said:

Well done Thunder,hope you make the Championship.

The development work being done by Thunder,should be sufficient to make Rimmer resign for his utter incompetence elsewhere.

In fairness,Thunder struck lucky with the return to the area/club of the very experienced,capable,forward-thinking Mick Hogan,who has proved himself at CEO level with the once big,and respected,club Wigan Warriors,and in the other code.

He returned at a time when other enthusiastic and capable people were getting things moving;none more so than the guy who got Cramlington Rockets shooting ahead.

Having good leadership is vital.Good teamwork equally as good.Then that rather important ingredient of money was added courtesy of the Falcons owner.

Ralph Rimmer may not have any of the above and is required over a larger area.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

The final should always be played at a neutral venue as part of a finals day to make it a special occasion, not just for the fans but for the TV viewer and help sell sponsorship and the game as a whole. Also to avoid the chances of the final being played at a doss-hole like Oldham's. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sorry I hadn’t gone through every post before asking the question, but is that a fact or just speculation? 

Depends on promotion. Vestacare isn't up to standard. Pitch is fine, it's the lack of facilities. Apparently stalybridge Celtic (bower fold) are open to us returning. As for boundary park,apparantly, there's history that needs sorting before it can be considered. But who knows. Let's get promoted first.

Archived