Coventry Bears open trial

11 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Why would you take a pay cut to play a tougher (and unfamiliar) sport, travelling a ridiculous amount and losing most matches? This isn't limited to Cov, the same holds for the other League 1 expansion clubs. 

Because you only have to play 21 games a season?

29 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Why would you take a pay cut to play a tougher (and unfamiliar) sport, travelling a ridiculous amount and losing most matches? This isn't limited to Cov, the same holds for the other League 1 expansion clubs. 

Yep- good point, let's not try then.

5 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I'm not saying not to try. I just question the idea that there's many RU players out there who want to earn less, play a harder and unfamiliar game and travel loads more for the privilege.

Well I don't suppose Beauden Barrett is going to turn up, but there may well be a few decent amateur RU players in the area who fancy giving it a go.

The vast majority of players at previous trials have been RL players. There are alot of players who for different reasons have fallen out of the game, or not been picked up by other clubs. There's also players from student RL who want to give it a go as a semi professional player. 

4 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

There have to be a few big RU props who fancy a go or some quick RU wingers who live in the area who are sick of never seeing the ball.

The last thing the Bears need is some fatty tighthead who'll be gasping for air after 5 minutes of making 10m each PTB

RU wingers yes please.... Or even speedy soccer forwards who fancy a challenge

Archived