Shot clock to be reduced

Wish they would introduce a rule to reduce the amount of time 'water carriers' spend on the pitch.Most of the time they are not dispensing water and I feel it just makes the game look cheap and amateurish.It's not unreasonable for players who want a drink to go to the touch line,rather than having 'coaching' from someone usually dressed as a streaker.

1 hour ago, cookey said:

Wish they would introduce a rule to reduce the amount of time 'water carriers' spend on the pitch.Most of the time they are not dispensing water and I feel it just makes the game look cheap and amateurish.It's not unreasonable for players who want a drink to go to the touch line,rather than having 'coaching' from someone usually dressed as a streaker.

Agreed . Although the NRL need to get a grip on this a hundred times more 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I hope refs stop calling time off as well at  times during these ,which is strange when there’s a shot clock and counterproductive if the aim is a quicker match

The shot clock goes off once both teams have packed down for the scrum, and the scrum half is ready.

It is only about the speed to pack the scrum, rather than how quickly the ball comes out of it again.

You're right, it does seem quite counterproductive.

Archived