Fitzpatrick calls for creative broadcasting deal

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Why? I think we have gone backwards a bit recently, but with the advent of SL in 1996 it was one of the big changes in RL, more clubs took the match day experience serious, after the likes of Keighley led the way. 

We have had cheerleaders, live music, kids entertainment, mascots, pyrotechnics, food, beer, light shows etc. for years. 

Contrary to popular belief things ain't that bad. 

Plenty improvement in us, and some better than others, but what you'd expect as a starting point. 

i havent slagged warrington.  i just thought it was your standard match day experience of cheerleaders and expensive food and beer of average quality.

it seemed to me from the outside that what the wolfpack are doing is very different to what other clubs offer for a match day.

you can see off twitter photos theyve attracted a very different demographic than we normally do in rugby league.

much younger, and more women.

i think they have attracted fans more for the match day experience than the actual on field product so far imo.  this is different to what we normally see in rugby league

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We have had cheerleaders, live music, kids entertainment, mascots, pyrotechnics, food, beer, light shows etc. for years. 

Contrary to popular belief things ain't that bad. 

Plenty improvement in us, and some better than others, but what you'd expect as a starting point. 

First time I’ve ever seen that written as a positive thing.

Its tacky to the extreme. As is “make some noise” signs/or some bloke shouting over the PA system. 

You will end up like Australia/North America where there is no real atmosphere at games and the whole thing is plastic. “Go Team”.

32 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The beer garden thing is overstated. It doesn't matter whether it is a beer garden or what, it is about making it a decent experience and that can take many forms. 

I know at Wire they have live bands on in the stands and have improved beer and food offerings, it is the same thing - but all the while heartland clubs are knocked as backward and needing to catch up when many have been doing these things for a while. 

That said, the offering can still often be way behind other events that you may attend with 10k attendees. 

At Leigh our hands are tied , basically we can't do anything , we are allowed fairground rides and the like outside but no food or drink , inside the stadium again the food and drinks are out of our remit and we recieve none of any income 

Even the corporate isn't doing as well for the club as it did at Hilton Park , much more expensive and poorer quality , it has been considered moving it away from the stadium 

Our mascot and any cheerleaders aren't even allowed on the pitch 

But according to the rest of the world , that makes us a poor business 

6 minutes ago, DC77 said:

Its tacky to the extreme. As is “make some noise” signs/or some bloke shouting over the PA system. 

You will end up like Australia/North America where there is no real atmosphere at games and the whole thing is plastic. “Go Team”.

No idea about Warrington as a club but Saints do a lot of cheerleading classes for kids and teenagers in the town under Saints’ name. It’s getting kids active and exercising, it most certainly is a good thing in that regard. 

14 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

i havent slagged warrington.  i just thought it was your standard match day experience of cheerleaders and expensive food and beer of average quality.

it seemed to me from the outside that what the wolfpack are doing is very different to what other clubs offer for a match day.

you can see off twitter photos theyve attracted a very different demographic than we normally do in rugby league.

i think they have attracted fans more for the match day experience than the actual on field product so far imo.  this is different to what we normally see in rugby league

I like what TWP have done, and craft beer appeals to me, but they are in a different position that they started from scratch and were providing a largely alien sport, so needed to work harder. 

Of course there is plenty to learn from all clubs and other entertainment events. 

7 minutes ago, DC77 said:

Each to their own, I find it easy to ignore stuff that doesn't appeal to me, but Oliver makes a good point. 

16 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Yes , but as I've pointed out , Lamport by modern UK standards is a poor stadium , if any other UK SL club had Lamport , they would be being criticized for it , looking at many Aussie stadiums ( but not enough to pass comment on here until now ) they consist of one decent stand and mostly grass banking , which is fine with the Aussie weather , but wouldn't work even in an English summer 

But as I said , Aussies know everything 

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes , but as I've pointed out , Lamport by modern UK standards is a poor stadium , if any other UK SL club had Lamport , they would be being criticized for it , looking at many Aussie stadiums ( but not enough to pass comment on here until now ) they consist of one decent stand and mostly grass banking , which is fine with the Aussie weather , but wouldn't work even in an English summer 

Having attended a few NRL games a few years back, I found the experience no better than SL games. TBF I went to Manly and Olympic Park which are awful to watch RL at, but even in the WC in 2008 it surprised me how small and lacking it all felt. 

I thought Brisbane was outstanding though. 

10 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

No idea about Warrington as a club but Saints do a lot of cheerleading classes for kids and teenagers in the town under Saints’ name. It’s getting kids active and exercising, it most certainly is a good thing in that regard. 

We tried the cheerleading classes ( great way to get young girls interested in the club and the sport while as you say encouraging exercise ) but as I pointed out , basically they aren't allowed on the pitch , which sort of defeats the point 

Batley,Dewsbury,Fev all do great stuff within their financial constraints , as do many others 

29 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

you think most aussie stadiums have one stand only. lol OMG thats hilarious

lamport is a poor stadium, one they are already starting to spend money on fixing up even though they dont own it.  bob hunter will ensure it is brought up to scratch

23 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Having attended a few NRL games a few years back, I found the experience no better than SL games. TBF I went to Manly and Olympic Park which are awful to watch RL at, but even in the WC in 2008 it surprised me how small and lacking it all felt. 

I thought Brisbane was outstanding though. 

for club games it is poor, unless maybe newcastle for a big game.  suncorp is ok but their crowds should be so much better.  they used to get close to 50k each week

olympic park is probably the worst stadium to watch the game at.  more so on a thursday night with 8000 in a 83k stadium.  its embarrasing and make games unwatchable

55 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

I’ve been to 4 live SL games. The general match day experience is much better than most NRL matches I’ve been to (and I’ve been to 100s) until the Raiders started picking up their act a few years ago. Most other NRL clubs are behind what I’ve experienced at a SL match day.

Just now, aj1908 said:

you think most aussie stadiums have one stand only. lol OMG thats hilarious

As I said looking at admittedly photo images ( as I said I prefer not to comment normally on things I have little knowledge of , I wouldn't ever try to tell others how they should run their businesses having run my own , unlike others who feel they know everything ) , obviously some are huge and modern , but many of them wouldn't pass muster over here IMO , I might be wrong ,I have been before 

38 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Dirt hills in stadiums are still a common sight in the NRL. They are rubbish.

Hopefully they’ll all disappear eventually. Our version of the flat cappers love them though.

11 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

for club games it is poor, unless maybe newcastle for a big game.  suncorp is ok but their crowds should be so much better.  they used to get close to 50k each week

olympic park is probably the worst stadium to watch the game at.  more so on a thursday night with 8000 in a 83k stadium.  its embarrasing and make games unwatchable

Maybe they need to get some beer tents 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As I said looking at admittedly photo images ( as I said I prefer not to comment normally on things I have little knowledge of , I wouldn't ever try to tell others how they should run their businesses having run my own , unlike others who feel they know everything ) , obviously some are huge and modern , but many of them wouldn't pass muster over here IMO , I might be wrong ,I have been before 

so you think leichardt oval, brookvale and campbelltown stadium wouldnt pass muster in super league lol 

the nsw govt is currently spending 2 billion on new stadiums for rectangular codes in sydney.

the new parramatta (western stadium) is the best rugby league stadium on the planet at a cost of 300 million. 

one whole side is for corporate customers.

2 minutes ago, Copa said:

Dirt hills in stadiums are still a common sight in the NRL. They are rubbish.

Hopefully they’ll all disappear eventually. Our version of the flat cappers love them though.

please canberra is crying out for a new stadium but the chief minister is an AFL fan so he doesnt care.

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bankwest+stadium&sxsrf=ACYBGNQfhVkG2VnkfnE4jsBh49t4QWPAhQ:1577879643362&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj5-I_dq-LmAhXEH7cAHWfPBfEQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=2560&bih=1361#imgrc=stv96zz0O-RJIM:

mainly parramatta, also tigers

https://www.google.com/search?q=north+queensland+stadium&sxsrf=ACYBGNQU6PCG9Xm8Bi4c1_ROifkpN3rFFg:1577879732399&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiYscqHrOLmAhW_ILcAHXjqDV8Q_AUoAnoECBEQBA&biw=2560&bih=1361

north qld new stadium about to be finished

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

toronto dont get any tv money lol 

stop making excuses

Their main income stream is ?

You really make it easy at times 

Anyway as I said , the ignore button is your friend , ' click ' 

31 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

please canberra is crying out for a new stadium but the chief minister is an AFL fan so he doesnt care.

Canberra is an all seater. No dirt hills here.
We do need a new stadium though.

Archived