John Drake

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Havenwarrior said:

TWP now recalling a player back from been On Loan for 1 game, he will the go back out On Loan.

HW

NO he's cup tied for FEV's match against Barrow saturday so FEV have agreed to allow loanee greg worthington return to  TWP for fridays game  and yes he will then return to FEV on Monday but if FEV had been playing a league match  this weekend he would have stayed at FEV

24 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It isn't my " view ' , its basic mathematics , odd number of teams and odd number of games doesn't work 

Basic maths dictates that it works out fine. 

Move the salary to a set percentage of clearly defined income (not Directors “loaning” money)

That allows the cap to grow as the club’s income grows so providing an incentive

Yes only say 4 or 5 clubs would benefit on day one but that would hopefully increase in the future.

It also prevents the levelling off or race to the bottom we see to an extent at the moment

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Basic maths dictates that it works out fine. 

So everybody plays everybody else home and away , then 12 teams play at Magic Weekend , leaving one team still needing to play a game , so who do they play ?

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So everybody plays everybody else home and away , then 12 teams play at Magic Weekend , leaving one team still needing to play a game , so who do they play ?

Well, no, you scrap Magic Weekend or have smaller events with multiple games throughout the year. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Well, no, you scrap Magic Weekend or have smaller events with multiple games throughout the year. 

So you've realised at last ? Excellent 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

No, I’ve not realised anything. The whole idea that Wilkin suggested was on the basis that Magic was taken away, so you need to realise twenty-four isn’t an odd number. 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

From memory I dont think Wilkin's suggestion (which you labelled him thick for) included Magic. Think he even talked about it pre-Toronto days when he was doing the players union and they were looking at ways of reducing demands on the players

53 minutes ago, dkw said:

Getting more to watch the game isn't expansion also? 

If you say so, but if we have 4 or 5 teams playing in the top division who have no source of producing player's we ain't goinng to be in good place. 

• Confused 1

No, I’ve not realised anything. The whole idea that Wilkin suggested was on the basis that Magic was taken away, so you need to realise twenty-four isn’t an odd number. 

He didn't mention Magic , he hadn't thought it through , just like your good self 

You aren't the first to make this mistake , probably not the last , we've had it suggested several times in the last few years , don't feel to bad about it 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

He didn't mention Magic , he hadn't thought it through , just like your good self 

You aren't the first to make this mistake , probably not the last , we've had it suggested several times in the last few years , don't feel to bad about it 

He did mention Magic. 

2 minutes ago, Moove said:

From memory I dont think Wilkin's suggestion (which you labelled him thick for) included Magic. Think he even talked about it pre-Toronto days when he was doing the players union and they were looking at ways of reducing demands on the players

Did he specifically state , " we'd have to drop Magic Weekend " ? , No , so he hadn't thought it through 

He did mention Magic. 

Did he mention the drop in income from SKY that would be a result of dropping Magic ?

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Did he specifically state , " we'd have to drop Magic Weekend " ? , No , so he hadn't thought it through 

Lose the attitude mate. Like I said just from memory, I'm not losing any sleep over it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moove said:

Lose the attitude mate. Like I said just from memory, I'm not losing any sleep over it

Either way , it's 15 hours ago that I pointed out for a 13 team SL you'd have to drop the Magic weekend , that was the first point made , now if you weren't paying attention , that's your problem 

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Brian Noble’s left. Quite right too

Blimey! They’ve seen the light. From experience (Salford) he’s terrible at his current line of work - no strategy or critical thinking to his recruitment, just lines up people who catch his eye regardless of position and how they will fit into a team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Mutual consent. No surprise if they asked him to leave having presided over their recruitment 

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-and-brian-noble-agree-to-part-ways/

Interesting to see what happens to howl brands since he was the director of the UK company!

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

I see Parky's in charge at SL

"I'm not minded that they should be exempt," said Elstone. "I know that makes it very hard for them.

"For me, there are two types of expansion. There is the strategic, planned, structured, logical expansion into an area that has got some heritage versus one that is less structured, less stable and arguably more spurious. I've been very consistent on that.

It's not relegation for TWP that concerns me here it's Elstone's attitude and opinion, Parky 101 that is, straight out of the we don't really want it, we don't mind who we put off and we don't care how it looks,  anyway my bread's buttered by SL Chairmen at the end of the day.

They shouldn't have allowed TWP in then, it gave the wrong impression from the get go.

Then Elstone goes on to say they are looking at ways to helpTWP financily, what are they going to do collect all the empties for them to take back! It's laughable and what is really at the heart of the matter, their owner could buy out every club in SL with the money in his pocket and that really riles them as beside him they look like the two bit chancers they are, big men in small towns. That's why Trump hates that Bloomberg has entered the race for the Democrats nomination, he's got more money than Trump could ever dream of and it gnaws away at him inside every minute of every day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Brian Noble’s left. Quite right too

Shocked. Didn't think that was the Canadian way! 

Seriously though I think this is a good move. I've made the point before that the two Brian's are good story tellers to the media, but a bit loose with the facts and detail, if Noble is anything like that in his day job then he isn't what they need. 

They need some honest views and realism to navigate this season and beyond. 

I'm not really sure why Elstone has to describe Canadian expansion as he does. I agree with the broad point he is making and have made it myself that SLE haven't decided to spend millions expanding into Canada and nobody thought we should. But referring to it as 'spurious' is incredibly mean-spirited, and sometimes when these opportunities arise you have to take them. He could easily make his point but finish on a positive. It is unnecessarily negative from him. 

• Like 5