Jump to content
John Drake

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Who were those players ? , Did they leave the competition ?

Don't know. I'm not a Wigan fan. But whoever they replaced 'moved on', whether they retired or switched clubs. Do you know? But whatever happened they were replaced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

Don't know. I'm not a Wigan fan. But whoever they replaced 'moved on', whether they retired or switched clubs. Do you know? But whatever happened they were replaced. 

No idea , that's why I asked 

Obviously they were replaced , but again , are Wigan stronger NOW without Bateman and Williams ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

 

HideousWiltedBonobo-size_restricted.gif

Bless you sir, for your brave and wonderful use of futurama

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Who were those players ? , Did they leave the competition ?

And who replaced those players and so on

  • Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No idea , that's why I asked 

Obviously they were replaced , but again , are Wigan stronger NOW without Bateman and Williams ? 

 

Were Wigan stronger when Williams replaced Blake Green? Clubs go through transition. It’s all hypothetical, were Wigan stronger before Bateman  and Williams ?? Will they be stronger in a couple of years with Harry Smith and Jake Shorrocks ? Who knows how they will develop? They could become twice the players that Bateman and Williams were for Wigan.

Edited by burnleywelsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

Were Wigan stronger when Williams replaced Blake Green? Clubs go through transition. It’s all hypothetical, were Wigan stronger before Bateman  and Williams ?? Will they be stronger in a couple of years with Harry Smith and Jake Shorrocks ? Who knows how they will develop? They could become twice the players that Bateman and Williams were for Wigan.

Blake Green ? , So he went back home ? 

We can speculate on individual changes for hours , but ultimately losing say 20 players to Toronto is doable , losing another 30/40 would start to bite into the player pool IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Blake Green ? , So he went back home ? 

We can speculate on individual changes for hours , but ultimately losing say 20 players to Toronto is doable , losing another 30/40 would start to bite into the player pool IMO

In your opinion......exactly.........not in mine. You’re right, we could speculate for hours.....but not tonight. Up early tomorrow. Good night and God bless. 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just seen your usual emoji answer without comment, it is all about perspective, I see multiple teams being generated in NA who will not produce SL quality player's in any numbers in the next 30/40 years as being detrimental to the game over here, if nothing else the game will degenerate in terms of quality, teams will have to give way to include these new entities in the top division simply because there will not be enough player's to go round, we employ over 90 overseas player's as it is because we can't  produce enough and a good 75% of those we import are just of an average quality, many people will walk away from the game, irrespective of all the daydreamers who believe speccies will switch allegiance to the "Super Clubs" over here it just won't happen.

I could go on but I won't, that is just a portion of how I see this NA excersize being harmful, instead of grumbling with a one finger reaction, convert me, tell me how it will work, why it will be good for the whole of the game over here you myst have some thoughts on the subject, please share.

It's good for the whole game in a few ways.

First as burnleywelsh pointed out it creates additional opportunities for players to play the game professionally, as other players come in and take up the spaces they vacated at their former clubs.  More current players will stay in the game as a consequence.

Second and more important though, it's the key to stopping the decline in the player pool and then growing the pool back up again.  That will result from more boys and young men (both over here and back in the UK) being inspired to take up the game in the first place and then stick with it because it shows them that the game is a bigger deal than they'd have thought it was otherwise.

Third, as it raises the game's profile it will start to break down the stereotypes about it being small time, regional and having limited appeal, a necessary step to get more and better media coverage and more money from broadcasters and sponsors.

Edited by Big Picture
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Picture said:

It's good for the whole game in a few ways.

First as burnleywelsh pointed out it creates additional opportunities for players to play the game professionally, as other players come in and take up the spaces they vacated as their former clubs.  More current players will stay in the game as a consequence.

Second and more important though, it's the key to stopping the decline in the player pool and then growing the pool back up again.  That will result from more boys and young men (both over here and back in the UK) being inspired to take up the game in the first place and then stick with it because it shows them that the game is a bigger deal than they'd have thought it was otherwise.

Third, as it raises the game's profile it will start to break down the stereotypes about it being small time, regional and having limited appeal, a necessary step to get more and better media coverage and more money from broadcasters and sponsors.

Noble has left now...wonder who the new director of rugby operations will be.....Vickers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Noble has left now...wonder who the new director of rugby operations will be.....Vickers?

Parky?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wonder if the new challenge sought by Noble is teaming up with Eric Perez again, this time with the Ottawa club?

Wouldn't that be a wild announcement!   That one would really rock the boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Parky?

I'm sure he is typing out a doomsday prediction for the Wolfpack on a keyboard somewhere.,,,others also.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DEANO said:

Wrong. There are only so many quality players in the game. If 2/3 more clubs are introduced they will take the better players. This will have a knock on effect on all leagues including the amateur ranks. 

What narrow-minded thinking. More opportunity, more clubs to aim for = more youngsters staying in the game and making a living.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Loup said:

What narrow-minded thinking. More opportunity, more clubs to aim for = more youngsters staying in the game and making a living.

Exactly, because by providing less professional opportunity, more young player will take up the game? Crazy thinking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I'm sure he is typing out a doomsday prediction for the Wolfpack on a keyboard somewhere.,,,others also.  

I hope you are well. You have been quiet recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wonder if the new challenge sought by Noble is teaming up with Eric Perez again, this time with the Ottawa club?

Bang on.. Although his TWP recruitment plan might be his downfall.

Contacts nothing more.

I bet he’s on garden duty until the contract runs out.

Edited by SL17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't actually believe in Dual Registration but the Wolfpack would have made a more obvious partner for the Bulls than Hull. We have some very good youngsters who would probably jump at a few trips to Canada.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'd love to know how he's 'cup tied'?

Toronto loaned him to Underbank in an earlier round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Neutral comments on him leaving before his contract is complete but I think the reality of the squad situation is involved in this decision.  

 

The first thing that came into my mind. 


My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...