Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Dam - cant buy them currently 

Due to the 2019 Wuhan COVID-19 Coronavirus, unprecedented demand has forced 3M to place respiratory products on global allocation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattSantos said:

Why cant the UK break it up into regions and do the same?

Don't worry. We're busily excluding regional mayors and devolved governments from planning meetings because politics.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Can local elections be postponed if we are in the grip of it in May ?

I've already said the US election in November is going to be postponed.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry, we could all be dead by April anyway according to the Express.

How small is the Earth if that's a 4.1km asteroid?

And, no, I didn't click on the article to read more.

  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ckn said:

Don't worry, we could all be dead by April anyway according to the Express.

How small is the Earth if that's a 4.1km asteroid?

And, no, I didn't click on the article to read more.

Fake Daily Express link. There's not a single mention of Diana and they haven't called it an illegal immigrant asteroid.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Fake Daily Express link. There's not a single mention of Diana and they haven't called it an illegal immigrant asteroid.

Illegal aliens...

  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did read it and despite the headline in the body text it says

 

"Asteroid OR2 will drastically cut this down to just 3.9 million miles (6.29 million km) on April 29.

In other words, the space rock is expected to miss us by about 16.36 times the distance from Earth to the Moon."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not funny. I've had those asteroids and trust me, there is not enough Preparation H  in the universe to deal with a 4.5 km one.

  • Haha 5

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it better not land on my lawn I just seeded it for spring

  • Haha 2

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Don't worry. We're busily excluding regional mayors and devolved governments from planning meetings because politics.

devolved governments... the top level planning documents is a joint national and devolved government document following the cross devolved government involvement.. Plus the relevant devolved CMO's are working  together.  So you need to explain a little more on your devolved governments non involvement from planning meetings.

As to regional mayors, of which we have various political parties i.e both Labour and Conservative mayors ... what politics... I assume politics with a small P given that they are both Labour and Conservative.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Copa said:

People are panic buying toilet paper in Australia.

Australia produces a lot of its own toilet paper so we aren’t going to run out anytime soon.

We also have an enormous agricultural sector but if the virus really kicks off people will panic buy food also.

we have a stock pile of toilet paper... nowt to do with the virus... we still buy toilet paper as if the whole family are still living with us... although its just the two of us now.... every time I open any cupboard their is rolls and rolls of the stuff... 

Mind you stockpiling  of anything is something I grew up with... in that me dad was often on strike for months and me Mam stored food in case... we had sufficient tinned food to last out the longest of strikes many time's over .... its a habit that is ingrained in me from the 60s/70s when me Dad seemed to always be on strike .... He was a Liverpool Docker btw...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Don't worry. We're busily excluding regional mayors and devolved governments from planning meetings because politics.

You really can be silly sometimes.

All the devolved governments have been involved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

It's all a big fuss over a form of flu.

Just getting boring now all the scare mongering and panic being created over a glorified cold.

Worse than flu apparently.  More deadly too it seems.  But it appears not to be as good at spreading itself around widely.  The report I just read on the Gruniad included comment from the WHO saying these things.

All but two of the cases in the UK involve people who have returned from trips abroad, particularly Italy (presumably a lot of people went on skiing trips during the February half term!).

Two members of my extended family have serious asthma and my parent is in their 80s so personally I'm nervous, and I'm helping my parent to prepare insofar as we can ever be prepared for something we are likely to have no resilience to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Worse than flu apparently.  More deadly too it seems.  But it appears not to be as good at spreading itself around widely.  The report I just read on the Gruniad included comment from the WHO saying these things.

All but two of the cases in the UK involve people who have returned from trips abroad, particularly Italy (presumably a lot of people went on skiing trips during the February half term!).

Two members of my extended family have serious asthma and my parent is in their 80s so personally I'm nervous, and I'm helping my parent to prepare insofar as we can ever be prepared for something we are likely to have no resilience to.

Having seen and read what I have in connection with this virus it would appear to me that the response has been a tad hysterical.

I take on board your comments regarding your elderly family members. I too have a 81 year old mother who finds out tomorrow the extent of her recent cancer diagnosis who may be at risk of this virus, but at no more risk than other flu like viruses and maladies that affect the elderly in the winter months. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

It's all a big fuss over a form of flu.

Just getting boring now all the scare mongering and panic being created over a glorified cold.

Any shortages yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

It's all a big fuss over a form of flu.

Just getting boring now all the scare mongering and panic being created over a glorified cold.

Ah no, now I’m convinced you’re a trollIng in my view as a forum member. You don’t go over the line where I’d pay attention as a moderator. You do go into my “do not feed the troll” queue though. 


"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ckn said:

Ah no, now I’m convinced you’re a trollIng in my view as a forum member. You don’t go over the line where I’d pay attention as a moderator. You do go into my “do not feed the troll” queue though. 

Yep, go against the gang and get the old troll accusation.

Nothing I have seen or heard about this virus makes me concerned that it is anything worse than the flu epidemics that regularly occur. It certainly isn't the black death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saintslass said:

You really can be silly sometimes.

All the devolved governments have been involved.  

He can't help himself. There is a forum for polical posts. He should use that. 


Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

Having seen and read what I have in connection with this virus it would appear to me that the response has been a tad hysterical.

I take on board your comments regarding your elderly family members. I too have a 81 year old mother who finds out tomorrow the extent of her recent cancer diagnosis who may be at risk of this virus, but at no more risk than other flu like viruses and maladies that affect the elderly in the winter months. 

.. One big difference. There is an effective flu vaccine and an effective flu vaccine process. 

  • Like 2

Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JohnM said:

.. One big difference. There is an effective flu vaccine and an effective flu vaccine process. 

Absolutely, any credible clinician treating vulnerable people will have had their flu jab therefore be almost guaranteed not to pass it on to them. This one has no vaccine and people can be carriers for a while before showing. 


"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The winter flus have a death rate of around 1%, the WHO just upped this one to 3.4%. 

The experts seem suitably concerned about it, so not sure it's a scare/hoax/nothing.  


With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JohnM said:

He can't help himself. There is a forum for polical posts. He should use that. 

Nope - very specifically I was responding to a question about why the UK hasn't regionalised and responded.

We haven't because both small p and big P politics get in the way. I'm not getting drawn into a wider debate about it because, as you say, this isn't the politics board.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...