Fri 31 Jan: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/20 at 19:45

16 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Ok Salford arnt the Roosters and the Roosters are favourites for the WCC - but anyone who says Saints have no chance against them dont know a top top RL team when they see one.

Really looking forward to the WCC.

Hopefully Saints will perform better but I just can’t see them beating the roosters. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Don’t think we can win the game, but it won’t be like last time.

Burns/Wilkin halves, Vea/Greenwood back row, KC coach . . . . this team is a different prospect.

hopefully we give it a proper go.

Don't forget Owens at full back! And we thought Dom Peyroux was a centre then too!

Really strong performance last night, picking up where we left up. Lomax was imperious even by his own high standards and Welsby showed glimpses of class, although I'm not sure where his best position is yet. I'd have no qualms in him deputising for Coote this year instead of moving Lomax as we did in 2019.

One subtle difference from us was I noticed a lot more wrestling in the ruck.

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Don't forget Owens at full back! And we thought Dom Peyroux was a centre then too!

Really strong performance last night, picking up where we left up. Lomax was imperious even by his own high standards and Welsby showed glimpses of class, although I'm not sure where his best position is yet. I'd have no qualms in him deputising for Coote this year instead of moving Lomax as we did in 2019.

One subtle difference from us was I noticed a lot more wrestling in the ruck.

A couple of players mentioned after the game that that was the difference in training under Wolfe. 

Lolohea is going to be in for a busy season defensively after that. There were at least three tries he was at fault for.

Salford will improve and I don’t think that you can take too much about Salford’s prospects for this year from this game as Saints will win a lot of home games by big margins. Saints line speed was brilliant and stopped Salford from getting into a rhythm. They were flying into tackles. 

17 hours ago, aj1908 said:

Long season for Salford 

Not sure I agree here, as has already been suggested, Saints will win a fair few games at home (and probably away as well now London have been relegated) by large margins.

Saw enough to suggest Salford will trouble plenty of teams, especially if Kevin Brown keeps fit, thought he organised well and had a decent game.

Quite a few posters on here writing teams off after only 80 minutes of the season has passed.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived