E-mail notifications

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have not altered any of the settings on this platform, but all of a sudden over the last 2 days I am recieving countless e-mail notifications from this site up to 70 each day, has anyone else noticed this? And can anyone advise me how to stop it please.

you have probably clicked the little 'follow' button that is at the top of each thread and the forum itself. 

See which thread the posts are coming from and go in and uncheck the follow button. It's a really annoying thing when it happens!

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

you have probably clicked the little 'follow' button that is at the top of each thread and the forum itself. 

See which thread the posts are coming from and go in and uncheck the follow button. It's a really annoying thing when it happens!

Hi Dave, It tells me that I am following 2 sites when I cluck on it it takes me a list of alternatives, and just a black follow button, I have tried to alter all individually but it still shows I am folliwing 2, one which I believe is the site itself and the second a thread which I have located but there is no unfollow button to check, any other suggestions?

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Dave, It tells me that I am following 2 sites when I cluck on it it takes me a list of alternatives, and just a black follow button, I have tried to alter all individually but it still shows I am folliwing 2, one which I believe is the site itself and the second a thread which I have located but there is no unfollow button to check, any other suggestions?

hmm, that's all my expertise I'm afraid mate, maybe tag @John Drake or @ckn

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Just to complicate matters,  I went back into my e-mails and I have recieved another 4 mails in the last 10 mins all for the same thread, I have gone into that thread and it does have an "unfollow" check, I have activated that hopefully no more notifications from that one, but on the front page  it still shows that I am following 2, i will await hopefully another notification from another offender and see if I can uncheck that.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

On a desktop version, click on the down arrow to the right of your account name/picture, click on Manage Followed Content. On that page, click on Change Preference as in the pic below then the big red Unfollow button.

image.png

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 minute ago, ckn said:

On a desktop version, click on the down arrow to the right of your account name/picture, click on Manage Followed Content. On that page, click on Change Preference as in the pic below then the big red Unfollow button.

image.png

Using a Tablet ckn, but that check box has appeared when I go into a thread I have been emailed about, lets see what happens, thanks

On 06/02/2020 at 10:37, John Drake said:

Ckn beat me to it, but anyone receiving unwanted emails from this site, please follow the above instructions.

We never send out unsolicited emails.

On 06/02/2020 at 10:33, ckn said:

image.png

On 06/02/2020 at 10:28, Dave T said:

hmm, that's all my expertise I'm afraid mate, maybe tag @John Drake or @ckn

Thanks guys, all sorted.

On 06/02/2020 at 10:09, Dave T said:

Yep, so annoying. It also highlights how much #### you post on here on a daily basis! ?

Almost a full time job in itself

Archived