Challenge Cup Semi-Final Draw

Futtocks

7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Leeds have really done it tough getting this far in the competition! Joking apart, I really hope Salford win it, a breath of fresh air to see a smaller Club win something.

Agreed, this year I’d like to see smaller clubs make the two finals, as it won’t affect attendances and look rubbish on tv.

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agreed, this year I’d like to see smaller clubs make the two finals, as it won’t affect attendances and look rubbish on tv.

Good idea. 😊

Why not have a "Smaller Club" Cup? How do you measure the size of a club, though? 

25 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Good idea. 😊

Why not have a "Smaller Club" Cup? How do you measure the size of a club, though? 

Size of support and trophies won in the modern era. But with regard to getting a big CC cup final crowd I’d say any two of Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Wire, Bradford and Saints. Dull I know, but having 50,000 there really doesn’t look good. 

I would have thought that covid has taught us that crowd counting is not as important as the product on the field. The speed of the game now is bringing smaller agile players back into the game which makes it more entertaining. 

Archived