We must have a case

Bearman

A strong case...a lot depends on who the panel choose for Super League..if its Toulouse then they've gone for large city with excellent stadium,established rugby union fanbase..potential for growth.If it's the Leythers or Fev then it's back to the heartlands/m62  corridor.If its Toulouse then Newcastle could be favourites using the same criteria..if its Fev or Leigh then Barrow might have a chance?

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Barrow who got promoted, after all the work on social media etc it seems like Barrow are heading in the right direction, plus the recruitment you guys have done rather than loan players which is the road Newcastle seem to be going down should be viewed as better in the long term. That being said, it is the RFL we're on about here so anything could happen!!

Disappointed.

Commiserations is possibly the wrong word to the Club at this life and death time, but I feel for everyone who put the effort in to apply for the vacant Championship place.

Wonder if the RFL Decision Minutes will become available, to see where the Raiders fell short?

David Taylor

@750VFR

4 hours ago, 750VFR said:

Disappointed.

Commiserations is possibly the wrong word to the Club at this life and death time, but I feel for everyone who put the effort in to apply for the vacant Championship place.

Wonder if the RFL Decision Minutes will become available, to see where the Raiders fell short?

Simple the RFL still have a grudge against Barrow for Des Johnson's antics 10 years ago. If it had been west wales and us they would have picked west wales

13 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Good luck to Newcastle next year. Let's concentrate on us now, I hope ourselves and Town go up and Haven manage to stay i  the championship so we can show the RFL what they're missing out on by ignoring all 3 cumbrian teams 

I always enjoy visits to Barrow - a lovely ground with a good set of fans. It would have been another great day out next year when we can, hopefully, visit away grounds again. I look forward to sampling the delights of whatever Newcastle have on offer.

However I don't understand how the RFL are "ignoring Cumbrian teams", as you claim.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I always enjoy visits to Barrow - a lovely ground with a good set of fans. It would have been another great day out next year when we can, hopefully, visit away grounds again. I look forward to sampling the delights of whatever Newcastle have on offer.

However I don't understand how the RFL are "ignoring Cumbrian teams", as you claim.

For too long we've been bottom of the barrel. We were ignored when it came to this RLWC venues, I know none of our grounds are state of the art but there would have been no harm in hosting a couple of Scotland games either here or up at Workington. Let's not forget the completely ridiculous punishment handed out to Barrow over Des when Wigan for little more than a slap on the wrist 

5 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

For too long we've been bottom of the barrel. We were ignored when it came to this RLWC venues, I know none of our grounds are state of the art but there would have been no harm in hosting a couple of Scotland games either here or up at Workington. Let's not forget the completely ridiculous punishment handed out to Barrow over Des when Wigan for little more than a slap on the wrist 

I understand the sentiment but most clubs in the RFL of equivalent size can complain in the same way. If you had a successful SL club with a decent ground then I'm sure that you would have got RLWC games.

The rest is really history isn't it? Let it go.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived