Disciplinary

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

Here are this week’s charges

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/58008/disciplinary--match-review-panel

Grade F is minimum 8 matches 

The bloke's an ar se if he said that and deserves all the panel throw at him.

But I've just dipped into Facebook.....yes yes... I know I shouldn't..... and there are calls for sine die etc blah blah blah.

The bloke has fkd up. He will be punished accordingly.  Move on.

12 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The bloke's an ar se if he said that and deserves all the panel throw at him.

But I've just dipped into Facebook.....yes yes... I know I shouldn't..... and there are calls for sine die etc blah blah blah.

The bloke has fkd up. He will be punished accordingly.  Move on.

I think sine die is over the top. There needs to be a way forward for him. If we're against all forms of discrimination, I imagine the Hardaker homophobia incident will be drawn upon for comparisons.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I think sine die is over the top. There needs to be a way forward for him. If we're against all forms of discrimination, I imagine the Hardaker homophobia incident will be drawn upon for comparisons.

It will be interesting to see wigans reaction if found guilty, if is contract is up at the end of season they may cancel the contract. 

9 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

It will be interesting to see wigans reaction if found guilty, if is contract is up at the end of season they may cancel the contract. 

I don't think it will matter when his contract ends. If he has done it, he is gone.

24 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I don't think it will matter when his contract ends. If he has done it, he is gone.

I do wonder about this. I am not an expert on employment law, but I assume the financial consequences of being fund guilty will depend on what his contract says... I always believed that we should have sacked Flower for the stain he brought on the game and our club, but we chose not to do so. It is hard isn’t it - if the game has a disciplinary system for on filed behaviour and the game concludes that 8 games (or whatever) is the right punishment, then what is the “right” thing to do??? 

I see that Fash and Connor have been charged, and could have 1 game bans. Bizarrely, therefore, Wigan could end up in a “better” position when we next play, despite the alleged offence in Clubb’s case being far far more serious than either of the FC ones. 

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I do wonder about this. I am not an expert on employment law, but I assume the financial consequences of being fund guilty will depend on what his contract says... I always believed that we should have sacked Flower for the stain he brought on the game and our club, but we chose not to do so. It is hard isn’t it - if the game has a disciplinary system for on filed behaviour and the game concludes that 8 games (or whatever) is the right punishment, then what is the “right” thing to do??? 

I see that Fash and Connor have been charged, and could have 1 game bans. Bizarrely, therefore, Wigan could end up in a “better” position when we next play, despite our offence being far far more serious than either of the FC ones. 

Alleged offence.

I think this one is worse than Flowers to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Alleged offence, of course, thanks. Now edited.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to come across as pedantic, but so far the guy has been accused and hasn't had the chance to defend himself.

If he has done it, then I don't want to see him play for Wigan ever again. 

26 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I see that Fash and Connor have been charged, and could have 1 game bans. Bizarrely, therefore, Wigan could end up in a “better” position when we next play, despite the alleged offence in Clubb’s case being far far more serious than either of the FC ones. 

I think it depends on the response and the line taken in that.

People can of course make mistakes and say one off angry things in the heat of the moment that they later regret. That doesn't make it acceptable of course, but it provides a potential way back for an apology etc.

There is a distinct possibility that there isn't enough evidence to pass judgement, however I'd think it would be bizzare that it got to a full blown public charge before that came to light. Then again this is the RFL!

If I was advising Clubb right now and there was even the slightest suggestion that this charge would be carried, I'd have been advising him to make both public and personal apologies etc. The chances are that would lessen his punishment imo. Instead it appears he has been advised to say nothing.

13 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I disagree. The Flower incident was far worse.

Yup.

Now I'm not Polynesian so I can't fully empathise in this instance.

However, I have been called a fat ginger (same profanity used) many times on the rugby field and not one of those instances hurt more than the blind side winder I got by a saints fan at the cup ¼final at knowlesly Rd in 83.

But that's just me. Others, especially Polynesians may feel differently 

Archived