Forthcoming Home Games

Blind side johnny

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

What's full capacity Johnny? I understand calculating allowed capacity is not simple but there seems to be quite a range of 'allowed capacity' for different grounds (the 3 in WMDC range from ca20 to 50%!) and Newcastle (and 'fax) have said away fans ('fax) can attend their game in a couple of weeks time which seems to be totally against Government guidelines on the return of spectators.

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

What's full capacity Johnny? Seems to be quite a range of 'allowed capacity' for different grounds and Newcastle (and 'fax) have said away fans ('fax) can attend their game in a couple of weeks time which seems to be totally against Government guidelines on the return of spectators.

Around 5500 LTS dependent upon who from Kirklees the club is talking to at any particular time. Every licencing authority is responsible for their own interpretation of the guidelines and there is much more involved than just capacities of particular areas. If I understand correctly the LA's try to analyse the "pinch points" in a ground, particularly before and after the games.

I am glad that I am not involved in any way with any management of this - it is surely a nightmare, followed by a stream of complaints from whichever loyal supporters feel most put out.

(It is worth noting that exactly the same requirements will be in place when Bradford play their games. I believe that they have well in excess of 1500 ST holders)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Around 5500 LDS dependent upon who from Kirklees the club is talking to at any particular time. Every licencing authority is responsible for their own interpretation of the guidelines and there is much more involved than just capacities of particular areas. If I understand correctly the LA's try to analyse the "pinch points" in a ground, particularly before and after the games.

I am glad that I am not involved in any way with any management of this - it is surely a nightmare, followed by a stream of complaints from whichever loyal supporters feel most put out.

(It is worth noting that exactly the same requirements will be in place when Bradford play their games. I believe that they have well in excess of 1500 ST holders)

It's why Bulls have moved Mondays game, hoping by 30th May when we play York it will be at Odsal.

11 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

It's why Bulls have moved Mondays game, hoping by 30th May when we play York it will be at Odsal.

Is that May 2021?

I understand the club not wanting upset Swinton ,but it could be dog eat dog at the end of season.Is it a good idea ,mon night away-horrendous M62.It all points to another heavy defeat.As far as st,s why buy one now ,unless the club is going to come up with some deal.Also covid is on the march again.

On 13/05/2021 at 20:07, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

What's full capacity Johnny? I understand calculating allowed capacity is not simple…

We cannot have a loud capacity. Whether sitting or standing, we must watch the match remaining almost silent, not chanting, cheering, singing, shouting and presumably not applauding either!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I see on the Swinton game thread the mention of "pinch points" or bottle necks. Is this really a consideration after all wouldn't think Kirklees council have considered the points when the car boot is on? 

I know the club don't make the rules and both the governing body and council can only go on the guidance of Nationalgovernment, but we could accommodate 1000 to 1200 fans safely in my opinion..

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

2 hours ago, muddyfunster said:

but we could accommodate 1000 to 1200 fans safely in my opinion..

You just need to find another 900 fans first!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, ramsfandan said:

Batley fan taking Michael out of our support 🤣

We'd be happy to have Michael, but I don't think you can afford to lose anymore fans!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived