Jump to content

Squad 2022


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, POR said:

Not yet Colin  but sometimes getting owt out of the club is like getting blood out of a stone however apparently  we have still to announce some very exciting signings moving forward.🤣

Thanks POR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Well here's a rumour from Aus...would be the ultimate boom-or-bust signing this, no idea if it's true obviously...link doesn't work but here's the story.

 

NRL 2022: Disgruntled Joey Leilua thrown rugby league lifeline with Featherstone Rovers

Joey Leilua has an offer on the table after the Wests Tigers opted against activating the final year of his $850,000 deal.

English club Featherstone Rovers have identified Joey Leilua as the man to help the side earn promotion into the Super League.

The Wests Tigers opted against activating the final year of Leilua’s deal, said to be worth around $850,000, leaving the centre without an NRL club for season 2022.

But Leilua now has at least one option for next year with Championship side the Rovers offering the 29-year-old a one-year deal.

The Rovers have been on the cusp of Super League promotion for the last few years and have fallen on the final hurdle.

Last month, French side Toulouse defeated the Rovers in the Million Pound Game to earn a spot in the 2022 Super League season.

The club believes Leilua could be the difference in helping the outfit realise its Super League dream.

But before putting ink to paper on the Rovers deal, Leilua will make his professional boxing debut against former NRL star Chris Heighington on December 10 on the Paul Gallen vs Josh Aloiai undercard in Newcastle.

While Leilua hasn’t given up on playing in the NRL, the polarsing back is prepared to resurrect his rugby league career in England.

“I want to play in the NRL,” Leilua said last week.

“If it’s not NRL, it may be league overseas, and if it’s not overseas it may be this (boxing).

“Once I get something locked in I’ll be 100 per cent focused.

“That’s what I’m doing right now with boxing, I’m focused.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well here's a rumour from Aus...would be the ultimate boom-or-bust signing this, no idea if it's true obviously...link doesn't work but here's the story.

 

NRL 2022: Disgruntled Joey Leilua thrown rugby league lifeline with Featherstone Rovers

Joey Leilua has an offer on the table after the Wests Tigers opted against activating the final year of his $850,000 deal.

English club Featherstone Rovers have identified Joey Leilua as the man to help the side earn promotion into the Super League.

The Wests Tigers opted against activating the final year of Leilua’s deal, said to be worth around $850,000, leaving the centre without an NRL club for season 2022.

But Leilua now has at least one option for next year with Championship side the Rovers offering the 29-year-old a one-year deal.

The Rovers have been on the cusp of Super League promotion for the last few years and have fallen on the final hurdle.

Last month, French side Toulouse defeated the Rovers in the Million Pound Game to earn a spot in the 2022 Super League season.

The club believes Leilua could be the difference in helping the outfit realise its Super League dream.

But before putting ink to paper on the Rovers deal, Leilua will make his professional boxing debut against former NRL star Chris Heighington on December 10 on the Paul Gallen vs Josh Aloiai undercard in Newcastle.

While Leilua hasn’t given up on playing in the NRL, the polarsing back is prepared to resurrect his rugby league career in England.

“I want to play in the NRL,” Leilua said last week.

“If it’s not NRL, it may be league overseas, and if it’s not overseas it may be this (boxing).

“Once I get something locked in I’ll be 100 per cent focused.

“That’s what I’m doing right now with boxing, I’m focused.

 

Would be a big threat in championship and a big sign of intent he’s a specialist centre but is big enough to step into the pack 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well here's a rumour from Aus...would be the ultimate boom-or-bust signing this, no idea if it's true obviously...link doesn't work but here's the story.

 

NRL 2022: Disgruntled Joey Leilua thrown rugby league lifeline with Featherstone Rovers

Joey Leilua has an offer on the table after the Wests Tigers opted against activating the final year of his $850,000 deal.

English club Featherstone Rovers have identified Joey Leilua as the man to help the side earn promotion into the Super League.

The Wests Tigers opted against activating the final year of Leilua’s deal, said to be worth around $850,000, leaving the centre without an NRL club for season 2022.

But Leilua now has at least one option for next year with Championship side the Rovers offering the 29-year-old a one-year deal.

The Rovers have been on the cusp of Super League promotion for the last few years and have fallen on the final hurdle.

Last month, French side Toulouse defeated the Rovers in the Million Pound Game to earn a spot in the 2022 Super League season.

The club believes Leilua could be the difference in helping the outfit realise its Super League dream.

But before putting ink to paper on the Rovers deal, Leilua will make his professional boxing debut against former NRL star Chris Heighington on December 10 on the Paul Gallen vs Josh Aloiai undercard in Newcastle.

While Leilua hasn’t given up on playing in the NRL, the polarsing back is prepared to resurrect his rugby league career in England.

“I want to play in the NRL,” Leilua said last week.

“If it’s not NRL, it may be league overseas, and if it’s not overseas it may be this (boxing).

“Once I get something locked in I’ll be 100 per cent focused.

“That’s what I’m doing right now with boxing, I’m focused.

 

Wet me sen when I read this. I daren't let myself go with this... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, POR said:

All fans need to  look down the back of the settee to get some pennies to pay his contract 🤣

How long was his contract for the $80,000? If only for one year with us how much is needed? Nothing down back of settee and have paid £30 extra for my season ticket. Would like to help but need to see the overall financial picture. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jamescolin said:

How long was his contract for the $80,000? If only for one year with us how much is needed? Nothing down back of settee and have paid £30 extra for my season ticket. Would like to help but need to see the overall financial picture. 

Relax Colin. Have a Rolo.

Soon be the new season... my 49th... yours many more. Just enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jamescolin said:

How long was his contract for the $80,000? If only for one year with us how much is needed? Nothing down back of settee and have paid £30 extra for my season ticket. Would like to help but need to see the overall financial picture. 

colin he was earning around $850,000 per-year, that's over £ 400000 in proper money 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, POR said:

colin he was earning around $850,000 per-year, that's over £ 400000 in proper money 

 

Sorry misread the figures. That is a lot of money. Not going to find that down the back of the settee.  Roughly £200  a head per supporter. Not going to work for full amount. So where is the money coming from if we sign him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Relax Colin. Have a Rolo.

Soon be the new season... my 49th... yours many more. Just enjoy.

Hi Robin, yes it is my 84th season of watching and participating. You are right been through a lot in the past. Just been having memories of three of the mates I lost in Egypt and Cyprus. I will just sit back and enjoy. Nobody wants my help anyway. Nice to hear from you. UTR. Just thought if I have a Rolo I could give them a mint. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Are you suggesting that the club tried to "throw supporters information about a potential new signing to wet their lips" by leaking a story to an Australian newspaper?

   Any news on Rugby League or players gets round pretty quickly in these days of Global news information transmission.How did the Aussie press know Rovers might be interested?.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

   Any news on Rugby League or players gets round pretty quickly in these days of Global news information transmission.How did the Aussie press know Rovers might be interested?.

Player's agent (maybe) trying to generate interest in the player?

  • Like 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Player's agent (maybe) trying to generate interest in the player?

Sorry G you got it wrong it's not Player's agent (maybe) trying to generate interest in the player IT'S Player's agent (full stop) trying to generate interest in the player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

   Any news on Rugby League or players gets round pretty quickly in these days of Global news information transmission.How did the Aussie press know Rovers might be interested?.

You've answered a question with a question. You clearly seemed to be implying that Rovers had leaked the story to the Aussie press.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You've answered a question with a question. You clearly seemed to be implying that Rovers had leaked the story to the Aussie press.

  It's a fairy story if he comes to Fev i will start supporting Cas there is no chance  of him signing for us.But how have we of all the clubs in SL and Championship been mentioned at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

  It's a fairy story if he comes to Fev i will start supporting Cas there is no chance  of him signing for us.But how have we of all the clubs in SL and Championship been mentioned at all.

Whether he comes or not is a different matter, not least because, as the Grinder suggested, it's often the case that these stories get leaked because an agent is trying to provide leverage for his client.

You appear to be sticking to your story that the club have deliberately leaked this (to an Aussie organisation rather than a UK one) but don't appear to have any evidence of why this is more likely than, say, an agent talking to a journo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

47 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

  It's a fairy story if he comes to Fev i will start supporting Cas there is no chance  of him signing for us.But how have we of all the clubs in SL and Championship been mentioned at all.

Because S we've  been on the cusp of Super League promotion for the last few years and have fallen on the final hurdle😭.and  we reckon Leilua could be the difference in helping us  realise our Super League dream.🥳

Don't you just love the rumour mill🥰

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You appear to be sticking to your story that the club have deliberately leaked this (to an Aussie organisation rather than a UK one) but don't appear to have any evidence of why this is more likely than, say, an agent talking to a journo.

Keep your hair on Petrocelli, he's only positing an opinion, which I believe is what the forum is for.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...