Cheap Rugby League balls

Hey all,

We are in Izmir, Turkey, this year we will run three teams (men's, women's and male youth). 

Unfortunately, we only have two balls between us. İt is pretty hard to train with just two balls.

Does anyone have any links for cheap balls? (Not asking for money, we can come up with that I believe) 

The main options are steeden but surely there are some cheap brands. 

2 hours ago, Izmir Zaferi said:

PS. İf anyone has some old ones sitting around, we would gladly take them off your hands and pay postage.

Privet Ismir.

Tatiana here Paul wife who posts here as he is a rugby league mad husband:) 

Our company has a fund for development countries which has mainly this year been donated to Russia/Ukraine however if you PM my husband here with your contact details we will gladly ship you over some balls ASAP.

Best wishes

Tatiana 

7 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Privet Ismir.

Tatiana here Paul wife who posts here as he is a rugby league mad husband:) 

Our company has a fund for development countries which has mainly this year been donated to Russia/Ukraine however if you PM my husband here with your contact details we will gladly ship you over some balls ASAP.

Best wishes

Tatiana 

That is fantastic. Well done Tatiana 👏👏

8 hours ago, Damien said:

Do the IRL or ERL not provide assistance with things like this?

The ERL does provide help to the national association but it is quite limited. İt is not really their fault. RL simply does not create enough money at the top right now.

The Rugby League community itself is where the game seems to grow. 🙂

We will try and sell some T-shirts soon which will go a little way to helping raise some funds. 

Heart-warming response, as we so often see from the Rugby League community. 

Izmir - if you email a postal address to me we can send you a couple of black polo shirts with our League Express logo embroidered on left breast which you may be able to auction at some club function or other.

We are League Publications Limited. We publish the Monday morning League Express newspaper and also the totalrl.com website and these forums.

The shirts won't bring in much money but (as the Scots say) "many a micle macks a muckle" ....... which means, in modern English, "every penny counts".

Both shirts are Mens size, Large. The very last two we have, as it happens, of some some we ordered as part of a promotion for the paper a few years ago.

honor.james@totalrl.com

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

23 hours ago, Damien said:

Do the IRL or ERL not provide assistance with things like this?

No. Few months ago the European Rugby League announced a partnership with Steeden. Now all ERL tournaments MUST use Steedens. I thought this might finally help nations to get balls. Then I received the ERL newsletter with the Steeden pricelist attached. The prices are worse than I can get them for.

I'm desperately trying to get a good amount of balls over to 4 Central American countries. I'm going direct to India where they are made. The price is around $7 US a ball.

The IRL/ERL/APRLC don't seem to understand that nobody can play their game without balls.

Steeden is also owned by Grey Nicols as is Gilbert. We need to move away from paying a cricket company and keep the money in RL.

new rise.jpg

49 minutes ago, Pulga said:

No. Few months ago the European Rugby League announced a partnership with Steeden. Now all ERL tournaments MUST use Steedens. I thought this might finally help nations to get balls. Then I received the ERL newsletter with the Steeden pricelist attached. The prices are worse than I can get them for.

I'm desperately trying to get a good amount of balls over to 4 Central American countries. I'm going direct to India where they are made. The price is around $7 US a ball.

The IRL/ERL/APRLC don't seem to understand that nobody can play their game without balls.

Steeden is also owned by Grey Nicols as is Gilbert. We need to move away from paying a cricket company and keep the money in RL.

I'd have thought the IRL could cheaply order plenty in bulk and then just sell these for cost price.

11 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

What..... Helping out clubs? 

I very much doubt it. Normally international governing bodies supply a bit of assistance to national federations. They don't dole out Rugby League balls to individual clubs. 

I can tell you they don't want to know about you unless you're a member nation.

new rise.jpg

11 hours ago, Damien said:

I'd have thought the IRL could cheaply order plenty in bulk and then just sell these for cost price.

The amount of things they COULD do....

new rise.jpg

14 hours ago, Pulga said:

What are you going to call your ball distribution company? Lol.

Do the Chinese make them (Alibaba)?

What about a South American (or America's) go-fund-me page?

Posters, could donate every once in a while then to provide at least some balls.

22 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

What are you going to call your ball distribution company? Lol.

Do the Chinese make them (Alibaba)?

What about a South American (or America's) go-fund-me page?

Posters, could donate every once in a while then to provide at least some balls.

I'm just going to put it under PLG like I did with the Puerto Rico merch. No real grand plan. Going to put a website on them to direct it to training videos in Spanish. No governing body wants to do anything to get people playing so I gotta do it myself.

Most balls are made in India.

GoFundMes and the like don't ever seem to get anywhere so I'm probably not going to do it ever again.

If anyone wants to donate I'd gladly take it.

new rise.jpg

Archived