Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Complete madness , don't see how you can race on this track 

I'm not a fan of this track after watching that complete lottery of VSC, yellow flags, red flags.

There needs to be some reconfiguration made to allow cars that are damaged /have crashed to get off the track.

Seeing drivers going straight into the back of stalled or stopped cars with no way to get out of the way is ludicrous.

Wibble

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Max looked like a dangerous driver on a dangerous track yesterday.

Red Bull have bottled it recently imo, and Max's increasingly desperate moves are being penalised more and more. Going to take a tremendous effort for them to win in Abu Dhabi now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Felt a lot like a rugby match where the ref had been letting the little niggly things go until it all boiled over and all control was lost. 

I'm a Lewis fan and I'm not gonna sit here and say he's a saint on the track all the time, but my god, Verstappen's driving standards yesterday were some of the worst I've seen on a race track.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t understand it. In the past I have considered Max to be childish and a bit of a knob head, however, by comparison, Lewis Hamilton is an absolute A-Grade, gold medal standard, self obsessed, flog!

I don’t understand how anyone would warm to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I don’t understand it. In the past I have considered Max to be childish and a bit of a knob head, however, by comparison, Lewis Hamilton is an absolute A-Grade, gold medal standard, self obsessed, flog!

I don’t understand how anyone would warm to him.

I think there are a hell of a lot of people who know Lewis as the driver from Mercedes 2014 onwards, forgetting everything before (including 2013 Mercedes!).

He's bound to be a bit odd.

And don't worry, you don't have to like him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Felt a lot like a rugby match where the ref had been letting the little niggly things go until it all boiled over and all control was lost. 

I'm a Lewis fan and I'm not gonna sit here and say he's a saint on the track all the time, but my god, Verstappen's driving standards yesterday were some of the worst I've seen on a race track.

At what point do Red Bull and Max, with their 4 cars on the grid, think about taking the nuclear option on Sunday? My worry is that I don't trust Max to choose not to crash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

At what point do Red Bull and Max, with their 4 cars on the grid, think about taking the nuclear option on Sunday? My worry is that I don't trust Max to choose not to crash.

Max is an exceptionally talented driver.  So much so that he is able to make an intentional spot of gamesmanship with his positioning look like a genuine mistake. He was very clever at Brazil when he guided Lewis off the track on that corner, but with his petulance and frustration can trip himself up, as it did at the weekend with his corner cutting and heavy braking. This season has been brilliant to watch. I an seriously looking forward to sunday

  • Like 2

Wibble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Max is an exceptionally talented driver.  So much so that he is able to make an intentional spot of gamesmanship with his positioning look like a genuine mistake. He was very clever at Brazil when he guided Lewis off the track on that corner, but with his petulance and frustration can trip himself up, as it did at the weekend with his corner cutting and heavy braking. This season has been brilliant to watch. I an seriously looking forward to sunday

Indeed he reminds me of a driver that entered F1 about 13/14 years ago , what his name now ? 🤔 

Thats it , Lewis Hamilton 

Edited by GUBRATS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no doubt at all that Lewis Hamilton is hugely competitive,  a real winner and a triumphalist. The record shows he's the all time best in the modern F1 era.  Such people don't have to have nice public-facing personalities nor do they have to be loved by one and all. Its winning by any means, first and foremost.

 

“If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.” Zen Proverb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great credit to Hamilton for his gracious and sporting acknowledgement and  comments when interviews at the end of the race. 

No rugby league style blaming of the ref.

He'll be back fighting next season.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1

“If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.” Zen Proverb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JohnM said:

Great credit to Hamilton for his gracious and sporting acknowledgement and  comments when interviews at the end of the race. 

He probably knows less about what just happened than us sitting at home to be fair.

Honestly don't know how the sport can go on when rules are ignored and changed on the run like they have been the last few weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course he knew.  The sport will go on, and on, and on, and Hamilton will still be at the top next season as he aims for 8. 

 

 

Edited by JohnM

“If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.” Zen Proverb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Great credit to Hamilton for his gracious and sporting acknowledgement and  comments when interviews at the end of the race. 

No rugby league style blaming of the ref.

He'll be back fighting next season.

I thought he actually hinted at maybe retiring in his interview. If I was screwed over by a subversion of the rules like just happened I'd just walk away but I imagine he is made of sterner stuff than me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, M j M said:

I thought he actually hinted at maybe retiring in his interview. If I was screwed over by a subversion of the rules like just happened I'd just walk away but I imagine he is made of sterner stuff than me.

Sterner stuff than most of us, indeed. 

If that had been The Grand Final of Challenge Cup Final, we'd have been celebrating the race as the greatest ever, in the greatest game. 

“If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.” Zen Proverb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Sterner stuff than most of us, indeed. 

If that had been The Grand Final of Challenge Cup Final, we'd have been celebrating the race as the greatest ever, in the greatest game. 

It's like Joynt's voluntary tackle, except worse because VT's aren't often given whereas what happened here was a total change of what normally happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

It's like Joynt's voluntary tackle, except worse because VT's aren't often given whereas what happened here was a total change of what normally happens.

Correction - a total change to what the rule book says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, M j M said:

I thought he actually hinted at maybe retiring in his interview. If I was screwed over by a subversion of the rules like just happened I'd just walk away but I imagine he is made of sterner stuff than me.

No, he won't quit. He wants that 8th championship before he moves on to NASCAR. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ckn changed the title to F1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...