Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

maybe a blessing in disguise the wc is not happening - their could be some embarrassing scorelines if the likes of reece lynn, hardaker  and lomax were to come up against mitchell - turbo- teddy - cleary etc - they would have posted 120 past the french today and 80 against that fourth rate rabble - at least jp broke the record for saying "and a fink" most times on tv in 80mins 

I think the Aussies have enough problems trying to beat Tonga.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

if you had to put your life savings on the question "do you think you will see england beat australia in your lifetime?" would you put it on yes or no? cmon - be honest 

Will or could,

Answer, maybe not, but possible. 

18 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

if you had to put your life savings on the question "do you think you will see england beat australia in your lifetime?" would you put it on yes or no? cmon - be honest 

With the average age on here that's not much of a bet.

Some of us here were mostly disappointed that the World Cup was postponed for a year 'cause we were worried we weren't going to make it that far!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Dave Woods - "Reece Lyne has only 1 previous England cap, back in July 2018" - Hopefully it will be another 3 years before he gets selected again, he looked like a fan who had won a raffle.

I think we took them for granted a bit as we built up an early lead, it could have come to bit us on the bum but luckily France are ######.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Round it up to a tenner for me Johnny and we’ll lump on 

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure Makinson also hopes Hardaker never plays centre for England again 

his mums just knocked on our door with the petition 

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

26 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Totally stoked about the entire day.

Paul

Sitting in Lanzarote  .small bar  put the game on.

A few northern old guys  were into it.

As competive game..all done in 20 minute's. 

As a league man France had to do better to catch the audience. 

Poor and can see people switching off.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, yanto said:

Yes. England will have to send an even weaker side next time to entice them.

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

I aren't disputing that it was obstruction. I'm saying it had no bearing on the end result.

But it did, if Lomax isn't obstructed then Lynn doesn't have to cover him and can slide off to make the tackle or at least have a much better attempt 

39 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

The money might be better spent on betting 'will England ever play Australia in your lifetime'?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Scratch England Knights, making someone else's national team play England's reserve team is insulting to that other nation.

Id keep it for now until Jamaica become more established but I do get what you're saying. I'm just wanting each team to have at least 2 mid season fixtures per year followed by an end of season tournament

14 minutes ago, yanto said:

Did they watch longer than 20 minutes? 

• Like 1

The alternative team 12 months from now could look very different and could offer a much greater threat across the team than today’s selection.

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

Subs: Lewis, Thompson, Sutton, Oledski

Welsby, Hill, Walker, King, Wardle, Havard, Bateman, McShane, McMeekin, Lee’s, Widdop, Ratchford amongst others to put pressure on those in the team

Edited by OMEGA
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

The alternative team 12 months from now could look very different and could a much greater threat across the team than today’s selection.

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

Very close to what I would have as our 17... with all players on form and having developed for another 12 months.

The halves mat be a little too soon but they are very talented. Plus I would have Welsby in the 17 somewhere, he is just one of those players that always seems to make things happen.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Just now, jamescolin said:

Couldn't watch due to illness and visits to hospital is it on television later on?

No repeats that I can see, but both matches are already available on the iPlayer. That means you can fast-forward through the first 20 minutes of the men's game.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Very close to what I would have as our 17... with all players on form and having developed for another 12 months.

The halves mat be a little too soon but they are very talented. Plus I would have Welsby in the 17 somewhere, he is just one of those players that always seems to make things happen.

Welsby May well forcibly displace Tomkins over the next 12 months or dependent upon their development he could be at either halfback position.

I expect Dodd, Price and Mike Lewis to really kick on over the next year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

The alternative team 12 months from now could look very different and could a much greater threat across the team than today’s selection.

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

Welsby, Hill, Walker, King, Wardle, Havard, Bateman, McShane, McMeekin, Lee’s, Widdop, Ratchford amongst others to put pressure on those in the team

I’d go with that backline and pack . Despite being captain today I think Bateman needs a big season next year and I like Currie . Thompson and Sutton are certs for the 17 IMO . I wouldn’t be putting two young halves together personally , I think Williams , and Widdop  if he maintains his form , will still be in the mix .I’d be interested in how George Burgess gets on next year . 

5 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

That could all change again. Not sure what people want? England require stronger friendly tests. 

Without the BBC today our international scene would of suffered.

it’s not competitive enough to entice interest. 

1 minute ago, OMEGA said:

Welsby May well forcibly displace Tomkins over the next 12 months or dependent upon their development he could be at either halfback position.

Welsby has the versatility to be a very valuable player in tournament Rugby. If anyone in the backs/halves gets injured, or is having a shocker, he's already played in that position for Saints. Other players' positions can be shuffled around him to best effect.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

6 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I certainly hope so.  They are all class and probably the best half back talent I have seen coming through the British game (at least for for very long time).  Is next year too soon. I hope not, let's trust our young talent.