Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

With the right attitude and coaching, Sangaré could be anything.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yes, he would have been defending exactly where the player was after throwing the dummy. But that's not the point, you can't run into a defender as a dummy runner.

There was not enough evidence to suggest Lomax would have got near enough to affect the passage of play. If running in the general direction of play is enough to influence video ref decisions, then we are going to see a lot more controversial decisions.

• Like 2

Pleased for the French team and French RL. This score will do them good.

• Like 9

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

10 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

You honestly think Lomax would have had any bearing on whether the try was scored? 

7 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Had he been in a position to make a tackle or even do anything, then yeah. But he was irrelevant to the score happening. 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

This is the problem with a ‘black and white ‘ rule . There’s no empathy with the game , and it leads ultimately to players diving around all over the place under any contact because they know tries will be disallowed and a VR guessing as to what might happen 

I think this shows a fundamental misunderstanding about the obstruction rule and defending generally. Lomax wouldn't have got across to make the tackle, no. But when Lomax gets taken out, Lynn stops his drift, puts his weight on his inside foot to protect his inside shoulder now Lomax isn't there, and can't get across on the outside to make a cover tackle as a result. Clear obstruction which disadvantaged the defence.

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Thats shocking defence by Bateman.

2 minutes ago, my missus said:

and walmsley

They both just made amends at the other end of the pitch, at least.

• Like 2

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

2 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

I think this shows a fundamental misunderstanding about the obstruction rule and defending generally. Lomax wouldn't have got across to make the tackle, no. But when Lomax gets taken out, Lynn stops his drift, puts his weight on his inside foot to protect his inside shoulder now Lomax isn't there, and can't get across on the outside to make a cover tackle as a result. Clear obstruction which disadvantaged the defence.

I aren't disputing that it was obstruction. I'm saying it had no bearing on the end result.

• Like 1

Result - France 10:30 England

• Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Just now, Johnoco said:

I aren't disputing that it was obstruction. I'm saying it had no bearing on the end result.

The end result being that the try was correctly disallowed for obstruction.

• Like 5