Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

26 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Totally stoked about the entire day.

Paul

Sitting in Lanzarote  .small bar  put the game on.

A few northern old guys  were into it.

As competive game..all done in 20 minute's. 

As a league man France had to do better to catch the audience. 

Poor and can see people switching off.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, yanto said:

Sitting in Lanzarote  .small bar  put the game on.

A few northern old guys  were into it.

As competive game..all done in 20 minute's. 

As a league man France had to do better to catch the audience. 

Poor and can see people switching off.

Yes. England will have to send an even weaker side next time to entice them.

56 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Scratch England Knights, making someone else's national team play England's reserve team is insulting to that other nation.

Id keep it for now until Jamaica become more established but I do get what you're saying. I'm just wanting each team to have at least 2 mid season fixtures per year followed by an end of season tournament

The alternative team 12 months from now could look very different and could offer a much greater threat across the team than today’s selection.

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

Subs: Lewis, Thompson, Sutton, Oledski

Welsby, Hill, Walker, King, Wardle, Havard, Bateman, McShane, McMeekin, Lee’s, Widdop, Ratchford amongst others to put pressure on those in the team

2 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

The alternative team 12 months from now could look very different and could a much greater threat across the team than today’s selection.

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

Very close to what I would have as our 17... with all players on form and having developed for another 12 months.

The halves mat be a little too soon but they are very talented. Plus I would have Welsby in the 17 somewhere, he is just one of those players that always seems to make things happen.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, jamescolin said:

Couldn't watch due to illness and visits to hospital is it on television later on?

No repeats that I can see, but both matches are already available on the iPlayer. That means you can fast-forward through the first 20 minutes of the men's game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Very close to what I would have as our 17... with all players on form and having developed for another 12 months.

The halves mat be a little too soon but they are very talented. Plus I would have Welsby in the 17 somewhere, he is just one of those players that always seems to make things happen.

Welsby May well forcibly displace Tomkins over the next 12 months or dependent upon their development he could be at either halfback position.

I expect Dodd, Price and Mike Lewis to really kick on over the next year.

8 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

The alternative team 12 months from now could look very different and could a much greater threat across the team than today’s selection.

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

Welsby, Hill, Walker, King, Wardle, Havard, Bateman, McShane, McMeekin, Lee’s, Widdop, Ratchford amongst others to put pressure on those in the team

I’d go with that backline and pack . Despite being captain today I think Bateman needs a big season next year and I like Currie . Thompson and Sutton are certs for the 17 IMO . I wouldn’t be putting two young halves together personally , I think Williams , and Widdop  if he maintains his form , will still be in the mix .I’d be interested in how George Burgess gets on next year . 

5 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

1. Tompkins
  2. Makinson
  3. Newman
  4. Farnworth
  5. Johnstone
  6. Pryce
  7. Dodd
  8. Walmsley
  9. Clarke
  10. Burgess
  11. Whitehead
  12. Currie
  13. Knowles

That could all change again. Not sure what people want? England require stronger friendly tests. 

Without the BBC today our international scene would of suffered.

it’s not competitive enough to entice interest. 

1 minute ago, OMEGA said:

Welsby May well forcibly displace Tomkins over the next 12 months or dependent upon their development he could be at either halfback position.

Welsby has the versatility to be a very valuable player in tournament Rugby. If anyone in the backs/halves gets injured, or is having a shocker, he's already played in that position for Saints. Other players' positions can be shuffled around him to best effect.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I certainly hope so.  They are all class and probably the best half back talent I have seen coming through the British game (at least for for very long time).  Is next year too soon. I hope not, let's trust our young talent.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, westlondonfan said:

Score wise that must be France’s best performance for some years?

They have so often performed worse than the sum of their parts in recent times, and the first 20 minutes today looked like it was turning into something even more humiliating than that.

With a good (or even half-decent) start, I think the current crop of players are very promising.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

They have so often performed worse than the sum of their parts in recent times, and the first 20 minutes today looked like it was turning into something even more humiliating than that.

With a good (or even half-decent) start, I think the current crop of players are very promising.

I thought France's discipline was much better on the whole too, often after a start like that they would lose their heads.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

I think the Aussies have enough problems trying to beat Tonga.

One swallow does not make a summer Frisky old boy, I was at that game in Auckland, Aus after a dominant start took their foot of the gas and gave Tonga some momentum which to their credit they built on, lightining does not strike twice in the same place meaning it will not ever happen again, the sun shone for Mate Ma'a that day there will only be dark clouds in the future for them.

If you want to have a private wager PM me.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure Makinson also hopes Hardaker never plays centre for England again 

I have been saying this for a very long time, Hardaker started out as a winger and it is still is best position, he played very well there in the 'Welsby' GF, a centre he is most definatley not.

1 hour ago, Tabby said:

Yes. England will have to send an even weaker side next time to entice them.

No seriously. 

An England team going with a virtual 2nd selection to go 20 points up after 20 minutes.

As a contest and to keep tv viewers I'm sorry but it did nothing for the game. 

4 minutes ago, yanto said:

No seriously. 

An England team going with a virtual 2nd selection to go 20 points up after 20 minutes.

As a contest and to keep tv viewers I'm sorry but it did nothing for the game. 

Totally agree. Read the threads on here and those who are not typing now. Total waste of time.

8 minutes ago, Tabby said:

Totally agree. Read the threads on here and those who are not typing now. Total waste of time.

Read the threads of those not typing, are you Mystic Meg?

12 minutes ago, Tabby said:

No I'm 1000% RL

Found a bar in PDC Lanzarote who were willing to show the game against Premier League Football.

A lot of guys in their late fifties early sixties..old skool...we're also interested..Widnes  Saints guys who didn't know it was on.

After 20 minutes the game had gone.

France were aweful...any one disagree!

But if we can't keep "old league guys" interested and we can't get new people interested (and that today won't have grabbed a new audience )then the game is in trouble. 

Archived