Jump to content

Bed Space


Recommended Posts

So the World Cup schedule has been announced & great the double header is on in Newcastle plus Magic Weekend is on in July but i have a question is both these events going to suffer due to a lack of hotel bed space, i ask this due to last week i was in the Leeds area & couldn't get into my normal hotel due (a big hotel chain) to the home office using it has part of there dispersal policy. I understand this is happening across the North of England is Newcastle one of the City's where this is happening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Newcastle hotels for the opener are very expensive, but I know you can get packages including hotels through the rlwc site. They weren't stupid prices when I looked previously. 

yep had hotel sorted for WC 2021, but wasn't expecting such a big hotel being taken off bookings sites, apparently once the home office take over members of the public not allowed to stay at such hotel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Devon Ram said:

So the World Cup schedule has been announced & great the double header is on in Newcastle plus Magic Weekend is on in July but i have a question is both these events going to suffer due to a lack of hotel bed space, i ask this due to last week i was in the Leeds area & couldn't get into my normal hotel due (a big hotel chain) to the home office using it has part of there dispersal policy. I understand this is happening across the North of England is Newcastle one of the City's where this is happening?

What’s a dispersal policy? 
 

I’m having to get a refund for one of my games because it’s my son’s birthday, gutted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Devon Ram said:

Something to do with migrants being moved all around England & putting them up in hotels.

The home office pay around double the normal cost of a hotel room and then pay for the hotels refurbishment once they are moved into houses - hotels win win so they will take as many occupants as they can.

I may just travel over for the first game now and travel home rather than stay over now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I may just travel over for the first game now and travel home rather than stay over now.

my problem is i have tickets for double header games & due to Xmas plans cant book till New Year so i hope Newcastle hotels don't take the money from the home office.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Choose  smaller, non-chain hotels, b and b,  Airbnb.

2. Stay out of the city. From the west, there's a good train service  in from places like Wylam

3. Camping and Caravanning sites. We've stayed here twice: https://www.stephensonsarms.co.uk/

4. Translate and print leaflets about Magic Weekend and the World Cuo and distribute them to the refugee hotels

 

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Isaac Asimov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dave T said:

Newcastle hotels for the opener are very expensive, but I know you can get packages including hotels through the rlwc site. They weren't stupid prices when I looked previously. 

With the World Cup opener kicking off at 2:30pm it’s ideal timing for travelling there and back on the same day and making a day off it.

If you do want to stay over but not pay the Newcastle centre prices try elsewhere along the metro line. Gateshead, Whitley Bay, Sunderland, South Shields, North Shields and Airport hotels are all easy to access from St James Park and the centre of Newcastle.

https://newcastlegateshead.com/plan-your-visit/maps/nexus-tyne-and-wear-metro-map

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With the World Cup opener kicking off at 2:30pm it’s ideal timing for travelling there and back on the same day and making a day off it.

If you do want to stay over but not pay the Newcastle centre prices try elsewhere along the metro line. Gateshead, Whitley Bay, Sunderland, South Shields, North Shields and Airport hotels are all easy to access from St James Park and the centre of Newcastle.

https://newcastlegateshead.com/plan-your-visit/maps/nexus-tyne-and-wear-metro-map

I'm going to stay in Edinburgh with family as will be haeding back to Newcastle for the Scotland game on the Sunday. The train journey from Edinburgh to Newcastle is very pleasant indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...