Fans forum

spanishknight

• 3 weeks later...

It was an opportunity to ask questions of Clint.Β  There was no Fordy, Lindsay or players.

The forum opened with a deserved round of applause for the G&D steward who showed great care and compassion for a distressed fan in Sunday's inclement weather.

Neil gave a brief update on ticketing and future plans

Clint fielded a whole range of questions over an hour and a half and clarified that he has 'no magic dust' that will immediately get the club into SL and that, though the club is in good health at the moment thanks to Jon and the backroom team, there is a need to build infrastructure and links with the business community to fund a successful way forward.

He sees partnerships with the 'tourist' hub of York as a way of building the club's fanbase and of adding value to the match day experience and making that more attractive to the potential new fan.

'We need to make rugby league a York product'.

He intimated that potential changes to the structure of rugby league would see the Knights in a stronger position within that environment than at present....

Interesting that a YCFC fan of 50 years had switched to RL and had really enjoyed the first three games and the atmosphere.

Neil said that there would be a tie-up (with Pullman?) for away travel for fans after the Batley game.

Asked the possibility about the introduction of an Academy side, he said that funding would need to be raised to facilitate that ( 250-300k) but it was desirable as was all youth development and good links with the community clubs and schools and the Knights were prepared to go out to them in whatever respect they could. The RFL have various 'windows' to allow academy sides in at various times going forward.

He talked about the gap in the system (RFL) that means that younger players signed on are in a situation of not getting game time.

There were various questions about how to get 'missing' fans back through the gate.

Clint was honest and straight talking about his ambitions for the club and said that his decisions going forward could not please everyone but would be in the best interests of the club, as a club and a business.

Hopefully I've not misconstrued any of the above, I have taken it from the audio feed I took.

19 minutes ago, andyacko said:

It was an opportunity to ask questions of Clint.Β  There was no Fordy, Lindsay or players.

The forum opened with a deserved round of applause for the G&D steward who showed great care and compassion for a distressed fan in Sunday's inclement weather.

Clint fielded a whole range of questions over an hour and a half and clarified that he has 'no magic dust' that will immediately get the club into SL and that, though the club is in good health at the moment thanks to Jon and the backroom team, there is a need to build infrastructure and links with the business community to fund a successful way forward.

He sees partnerships with the 'tourist' hub of York as a way of building the club's fanbase and of adding value to the match day experience and making that more attractive to the potential new fan.

He intimated that potential changes to the structure of rugby league would see the Knights in a stronger position within that environment than at present....

Interesting that a YCFC fan of 50 years had switched to RL and had really enjoyed the first three games and the atmosphere.

Neil said that there would be a tie-up (with Pullman?) for away travel for fans after the Batley game.

Asked the possibility about the introduction of an Academy side, he said that funding would need to be raised to facilitate that ( 250-300k) but it was desirable as was all youth development and good links with the community clubs and schools and the Knights were prepared to go out to them in whatever respect they could. The RFL have various 'windows' to allow academy sides in at various times going forward.

He talked about the gap in the system (RFL) that means that younger players signed on are in a situation of not getting game time.

There were various questions about how to get 'missing' fans back through the gate.

Clint was honest and straight talking about his ambitions for the club and said that his decisions going forward could not please everyone but would be in the best interests of the club, as a club and a business.

Hopefully I've not misconstrued any of the above, I have taken it from the audio feed I took.

Cheers for that Andy, I couldn't make it last night as there's about 10 games on the TV this week plus away at Batley to fall out with the Mrs about, so it wasΒ difficult to get out on a Tuesday night for more Rugby related stuff.

Sounds like he's going to go about it the right way and not a short term fix, which will do for me.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

22 minutes ago, andyacko said:

You forgot to mention the bit about the coverage in The Press Andy πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

Seriously though, a well presented evening by yourself and some very interesting answers from Clint. I love the way he basically says it as it is. I think Clint is right to want to involve the local community clubs and it was refreshing to hear him say that the Knights should be supporting the community clubs in what THEY are doing and in turn hopefully that will be reciprocated.Β Β 

It was good to hear Clint mention possibly playing the ladies games before the men, getting more crowds in early and adding value to the whole matchday experience.

All in all a very interesting evening and hopefully the future looks bright.Β 

Archived