JJB and Jon Wilkin join Sky commentary team for 2022

Just now, The storm said:

Well i honestly dont struggle with anything the man says

He is very articulate 

But if you cant understand regional accents, fine 

Nonsense about accents again, which you have already been told is not the case. I lived in Leeds 4 years so can understand a Leeds accent perfectly fine, thanks. Danny McGuire speaks very well, Ash Golding speaks very well. I can understand Jamie Peacock fine although there are better pundits.

You seem to struggle to understand the fact that others have a different viewpoint and just keep repeating yourself. You can understand him, great you've told us time and again. Others can't or think he's a poor communicator. 

You've been told all this but if you can't understand written English, fine.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Damien said:

Nonsense about accents again, which you have already been told is not the case. I lived in Leeds 4 years so can understand a Leeds accent perfectly fine, thanks. Danny McGuire speaks very well, Ash Golding speaks very well. I can understand Jamie Peacock fine although there are better pundits.

You seem to struggle to understand the fact that others have a different viewpoint and just keep repeating yourself. You can understand him, great you've told us time and again. Others can't or think he's a poor communicator. 

You've been told all this but if you can't understand written English, fine.

So JJB cant communicate

And i cant understand written english 

This conversation seems to be about you not fully comprehending a range of skills and expertise. 

I bet you are a fan of john inverdale having talked down a man in JJB with more talent than all of us. 

You probably dont like mick morgan either

30 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I just happen to think that Wilkin and Peacock do as well and in my view come across as a bit more likeable at the same time (I think the two football pundits mentioned are quite arrogant... maybe they deserve to be!)

When Peacock described Wells analysis of that of a failed winger, he went down in my estimation. Poor form to publicly criticise someone in the same business as him, and without merit. Wells is one of Sky's gems. Probably jealous he gets a regular gig on Sky while he's only on the BBC once every so often.

35 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Of course, these things are entirely subjective.  I have nothing against either Keane or Souness as pundits, they are both very credible and give good insights into the sport based on their expertise and experience.

I just happen to think that Wilkin and Peacock do as well and in my view come across as a bit more likeable at the same time (I think the two football pundits mentioned are quite arrogant... maybe they deserve to be!)

But these are opinions not #FACTS, even if I do write it in capital letters and put a hash tag next to it, so we can all happily disagree.

Indeed, and as has been pointed out, people want different things and have different preferences so they aren't going to please everyone, I like what the BBC do a lot, but some on here hate it, I don't mind Sky apart from Baz and Tez, but as you say, it's all opinions. 

The one that baffles me is JJB, as I don't think his voice makes for a good pundit, which is a shame as I do find him likeable, so fair play to him for getting the gig. 

8 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

When Peacock described Wells analysis of that of a failed winger, he went down in my estimation. Poor form to publicly criticise someone in the same business as him, and without merit. Wells is one of Sky's gems. Probably jealous he gets a regular gig on Sky while he's only on the BBC once every so often.

I like Wells, by far the best of the Sky crew for me.

I wasn't aware of Peacock's criticism of him.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I like Wells, by far the best of the Sky crew for me.

I wasn't aware of Peacock's criticism of him.

Wells and carney are excellent

JJB and Wilkins are an excellent addition 

19 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

JJB speaks for a long period of time here, ignoring the content of what he is saying, can any of you claiming not to understand what he says point out a part of the video where you can’t understand what he’s saying? If you could give the minutes and seconds into the video so we that can understand English and hence JJB can try to understand your point.

Yeah for example when he says “vehicle” in his opening response. I had to play back a few times to understand it. Again, not the accent. But for me it’s like his tongue is getting in the way of articulating. 
Articulation really is an important part of commentating. I remember when Andrew Johns started and he was really bad at slurring words. My mum found it near impossible to understand. He has worked really hard on it, and now he comes across as one of the best analysers in Australia. 
JJB is in the same boat. Very smart, says the right things, but just needs to work on the articulation. 

56 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

Yeah for example when he says “vehicle” in his opening response. I had to play back a few times to understand it. Again, not the accent. But for me it’s like his tongue is getting in the way of articulating. 
Articulation really is an important part of commentating. I remember when Andrew Johns started and he was really bad at slurring words. My mum found it near impossible to understand. He has worked really hard on it, and now he comes across as one of the best analysers in Australia. 
JJB is in the same boat. Very smart, says the right things, but just needs to work on the articulation. 

Ey up lad

Just taking the whippets down the gunnell

Where is this articulation place 

Archived