Jake Wilson - Disciplinary

Derp

Doesn’t actually say what the offences actually were. 

Jake Wilson, who plays for the National Conference League club Thornhill Trojans, has been suspended for 12 months after an Operational Rules Tribunal found him guilty of three instances of serious foul play in a Betfred Challenge Cup tie at Doncaster on January 30.
Wilson pleaded guilty to one Grade F charge of Other Contrary Behaviour, and to a Grade D charge of intentionally standing on an opponent.
He was found guilty of a second Grade F charge of Other Contrary Behaviour.

Questions need to be asked about the officials on the day. I know stuff gets missed but how were all 3 of these missed and this kid allowed to stay on the pitch?

6 hours ago, Derp said:

Doesn’t actually say what the offences actually were. 

Jake Wilson, who plays for the National Conference League club Thornhill Trojans, has been suspended for 12 months after an Operational Rules Tribunal found him guilty of three instances of serious foul play in a Betfred Challenge Cup tie at Doncaster on January 30.
Wilson pleaded guilty to one Grade F charge of Other Contrary Behaviour, and to a Grade D charge of intentionally standing on an opponent.
He was found guilty of a second Grade F charge of Other Contrary Behaviour.

Questions need to be asked about the officials on the day. I know stuff gets missed but how were all 3 of these missed and this kid allowed to stay on the pitch?

All match officials under take a review after every game. You do realise that they only get 1 potential view of any particular incident and that it will not be the one you saw on social media from the elevated camera in the stand? 

23 minutes ago, LeeF said:

All match officials under take a review after every game. You do realise that they only get 1 potential view of any particular incident and that it will not be the one you saw on social media from the elevated camera in the stand? 

Agree with that to an extent Lee, but from memory of seeing the clip before it was taken down, the gang tackle was close to the Thornhill line so the Ref would have been relatively close to that given that the player attacking the Donny lads leg/knee/shin had about 3 goes at it.

Whether he saw it or not, the twitter video showed a determined attempt to cripple a player and sine die would have been the right decision for that tackle alone imo.

Just now, Lowdesert said:

Agree with that to an extent Lee, but from memory of seeing the clip before it was taken down, the gang tackle was close to the Thornhill line so the Ref would have been relatively close to that given that the player attacking the Donny lads leg/knee/shin had about 3 goes at it.

Whether he saw it or not, the twitter video showed a determined attempt to cripple a player and sine die would have been the right decision for that tackle alone imo.

I saw the incident once on a small screen but don’t recall where the ref was in relation to the incident. If they missed it then it’s not great but it’s one of those things unfortunately and you can’t stop a player from fouling another player.

I think we both agree that the only person at fault was the Thornhill player

Interestingly the original poster seems to have joined the forum solely to create this thread and criticises the match officials in 2 of their 3 posts

20 minutes ago, LeeF said:

I saw the incident once on a small screen but don’t recall where the ref was in relation to the incident. If they missed it then it’s not great but it’s one of those things unfortunately and you can’t stop a player from fouling another player.

I think we both agree that the only person at fault was the Thornhill player

Interestingly the original poster seems to have joined the forum solely to create this thread and criticises the match officials in 2 of their 3 posts

They come and go Lee.  
Some also  come back under a different name after being banned!

I think the two footed tackle was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. I'm not really surprised the officials missed it as it happened quickly and is not something they'd ever be expecting to happen. At least justice is done and luckily no one was seriously injured. 

Archived