Batley v York - up the Doggies

Batley Bob

5 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

971 ? That's poor for a game like that. Batley definitely deserve better support then that.

I picked a 1000 plus but the weather was poor I guess. Toward the end of the match it was like Turkish mud wrestling. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

971 ? That's poor for a game like that. Batley definitely deserve better support then that.

All teams deserve better support , but unfortunately with batley playing in a predominantly Asian area its not really going to happen.  Yorks  away support was way down on last season . Having said that the weather was awful. Also many supporters from a lot of clubs have lost interest in the game for one reason or another ( probably with the rfl tinkering with the game). If fev happen to get to sl you will find some old supporters coming out of the woodwork,  but this I can't understand.  If you're a supporter , it should always be through the good times and the bad. I have supported batley for over 40 yrs  and even in bad old days I was there on the terrace clinging to my bovril cheering the lads on. By the way hope Fev get a pot at sl next season.

5 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

All teams deserve better support , but unfortunately with batley playing in a predominantly Asian area its not really going to happen.  Yorks  away support was way down on last season . Having said that the weather was awful. Also many supporters from a lot of clubs have lost interest in the game for one reason or another ( probably with the rfl tinkering with the game). If fev happen to get to sl you will find some old supporters coming out of the woodwork,  but this I can't understand.  If you're a supporter , it should always be through the good times and the bad. I have supported batley for over 40 yrs  and even in bad old days I was there on the terrace clinging to my bovril cheering the lads on. By the way hope Fev get a pot at sl next season.

There were fans at the Leigh game (4462) who hadn't been for years ,one said 25 years. I suppose its because of the quality of our team fans change their minds and attend again. Thanks if we don't go up this year we never will lol. Having said that I personally enjoy the Championship grounds and fans.

7 minutes ago, distantdog said:

And that was just BatleyBob and Piggy's Mate!

Just like being at a BISSA meeting....can't keep em apart. 

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

15 hours ago, Fevrover said:

There were fans at the Leigh game (4462) who hadn't been for years ,one said 25 years. I suppose its because of the quality of our team fans change their minds and attend again. Thanks if we don't go up this year we never will lol. Having said that I personally enjoy the Championship grounds and fans.

Times do change though. Reading through some information on Dewsbury in the 50's, when we weren't very good, yet had an average attendance in 1951 of 6300 and membership (season tickets) of 3200, both of which were said to be disappointing.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Times do change though. Reading through some information on Dewsbury in the 50's, when we weren't very good, yet had an average attendance in 1951 of 6300 and membership (season tickets) of 3200, both of which were said to be disappointing.

Yeah time's have changed a lot ,too many different things to do now so they aren't interested. Usually follow a team because family or mates do and many people just won't pay the money.

Archived