South Wales junior scene booming

Great effort, as with other parts of the country and indeed all other sports, the trick is in keeping them involved after about 17yrs of age. First step however, is getting them involved in the first place, so tremendous effort.

• Like 3

That's great news. Wales has the potential to become a bit of a hot bed for the game.

What pathways are in place to help the best juniors progress to the professional game?

I know Salford have something in place. Are there plans for WWR to set up an academy? 

5 hours ago, JM2010 said:

That's great news. Wales has the potential to become a bit of a hot bed for the game.

What pathways are in place to help the best juniors progress to the professional game?

I know Salford have something in place. Are there plans for WWR to set up an academy? 

It’s not really needed, the Raiders and WRL are working much more closely of late and the pathway is pretty set as it is.

Junior leagues > East Wales/West Wales camps through the winter > Coleg y Cymoedd academy > Salford OR WW Raiders 

41 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

It’s not really needed, the Raiders and WRL are working much more closely of late and the pathway is pretty set as it is.

Junior leagues > East Wales/West Wales camps through the winter > Coleg y Cymoedd academy > Salford OR WW Raiders 

I know WWR are struggling at the moment but hopefully if a few good juniors start coming through each year then they might become a stronger team in the longer term