Championship, 2 from 4

10 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Workington still have to come to Odsal.  A battle of currently the 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league (along with Dewsbury). Theres every chance they could beat us.  However ver we do play Whitehaven as well who will also fancy their chances. 

Know how you feel mate, pretty much how I felt after you stuffed us at Widnes.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

57 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

What's caused the Bronco's current uplift in form? Change of player's, change of coach or both?

To be fair I think it's the coach,Eccles because ought else has changed.Same squad, same players ,they just seem to have more of a want and a desire to win now and are playing some good attacking rugby .

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

What's caused the Bronco's current uplift in form? Change of player's, change of coach or both?

Two things

1) Less reliance on Skolars players, and playing form players (also catching some teams out of form like Bradford)

2) Coach, Huhges should appoint eccles full time, but he probably won't so we will back to square one next season

• Like 2

After latest round of games London are now pretty nailed on safe, so its 2 from 3

image.png.2734ca2c974528d061b2344e50f98246.png

The only reason Haven *might* get dragged into it, is that they have 2 games vs worky, but its a long shot, so I think Haven are also pretty much safe right now, and the only question is who finishes bottom.

Dewsbury need 3 wins to have any chance of staying up, and thats hoping Haven lose out (or only win one).  I can see Haven only winning one remaining game, but not the Rams winning 3, but we can see

23 hours ago, Cowboy said:

London safe,Town definitely going down

Out of Dewsbury and Haven now.That point on weekend keeps Dewsbury in it with a chance.

Hope Dewsbury stay up great away day and club.

• Like 3

There's been a marked improvement at Dewsbury since Liam Finn took over as coach. 5 mins from winning away at Widnes, draw at Newcastle. Think we left changing the coach a few games too late (I said we should have changed coach last season) so it will be The Great Escape if Finny achieves it. It's looking highly unlikely but as a fan of decades I reserve the right to blind optimism. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

There's been a marked improvement at Dewsbury since Liam Finn took over as coach. 5 mins from winning away at Widnes, draw at Newcastle. Think we left changing the coach a few games too late (I said we should have changed coach last season) so it will be The Great Escape if Finny achieves it. It's looking highly unlikely but as a fan of decades I reserve the right to blind optimism. It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

Hope you pull it off (oo'er missus).

Really enjoy away games at Dewsbury.  It's a great club with facilities that put some top division sides to shame.  

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Hope you pull it off (oo'er missus).

Really enjoy away games at Dewsbury.  It's a great club with facilities that put some top division sides to shame.  

I'll second that. Can't say anything about rubbish SL grounds apparently it's not their fault!

Edited by Fevrover

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Hope Dewsbury stay up great away day and club.

For the Rams to stay up, they also need Haven to implode, Haven have 2 games vs Worky.  You feel that Worky would need to win both, and I don't see that, Might be a bit late for the Rams, seeing London have also hit form

2 hours ago, crashmon said:

For the Rams to stay up, they also need Haven to implode, Haven have 2 games vs Worky.  You feel that Worky would need to win both, and I don't see that, Might be a bit late for the Rams, seeing London have also hit form

It's Haven or Dewsbury for the drop with Dewsbury odds-on favourites 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2022 at 11:04, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Change of coach, one loaned player but most importantly a change in cohesion and self belief created by Mike Eccles! Two half backs who are now running the show and making the attack hard to defend against! Players in positions they feel comfortable in,  Siti in centre rather than forced into FB or half, Dalton as centre not wing, Ronnie at loose and Leyland given the confidence to do his thing with an experienced Paratta along side him. So much go forward now but also tight defence 

41 minutes ago, watcherofRL said:

Change of coach, one loaned player but most importantly a change in cohesion and self belief created by Mike Eccles! Two half backs who are now running the show and making the attack hard to defend against! Players in positions they feel comfortable in,  Siti in centre rather than forced into FB or half, Dalton as centre not wing, Ronnie at loose and Leyland given the confidence to do his thing with an experienced Paratta along side him. So much go forward now but also tight defence 

Now if LB could just hold on to these players and coach for next season, your looking at a Playoff capable team.

But this is David Hughes and LB.  So whats more likely to happen is a move to a new ground, new coach, 50% of players moving on, and yet another new dawn where 0 effort from the club to provide any sort of match experience other than just the game and expecting fans to turn up.

We have 3 home game left.  Now for those Broncos who bought Season ticktes they was promised "a minimum of 4 members events per season". Only one so far by my counting, so we all waiting with baited breath for the events for the remaining games?

7 hours ago, watcherofRL said:

Which of those players you have mentioned are signed for next season?