Oops! Edited.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The anniversary of the day George Merryweather gave a three-hour lecture to the Whitby Literary and Philosophical Society about his leech barometer.

https://mulberryhall.medium.com/odd-this-day-225ad9e5d6d2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The anniversary of the day George Merryweather gave a three-hour lecture to the Whitby Literary and Philosophical Society about his leech barometer.

https://mulberryhall.medium.com/odd-this-day-225ad9e5d6d2

I'm sure the poor little leeches had to work very, very hard - suckers for punishment!

I once heard Milton Jones say that he had a broken barometer for sale and was urging someone to buy it off him - "You'll really like it, but...no pressure!"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today's the 50th anniversary of when Terry Scott accidentally drove off the end of the Tees Transporter Bridge and landed in the safety net.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The 5th of March is certainly an interesting day in the history of British aviation. 

On this day in 1936, the first flight of the prototype Supermarine Spitfire takes place, and then 7 years later, on this day in 1943, the first flight of Britain's first jet fighter, the Gloster Meteor, takes place. 

Hayao Miyazaki's anime epic, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was released 40 years ago. From that success sprang Studio Ghibli and animated movies were never the same again.

MV5BOTAxN2ZlODctOWQzMi00Mzg4LWIwNmEtOTIz

Ralph Waldo Emerson

73 years to the day since Dennis the Menace first appeared in a comic. And, before you ask which one, the British or the American one, here's the odd thing.

Both of them, completely different characters, made their debut on the 12th of March 1951!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A family one, as my dad recalls: "It's 71 years to the day since I cycled from Hartlepool to Durham Cathedral because I fancied a girl called Anne, and then fell over when I heard Bach."

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On this day in  2006, Jack Dorsey posted the first ever message on Twitter.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson