RL Stadiums and their use

They get used for maybe 15 RL games a year tops 

How much use do all our stadiums get on the other days?

E.g. I know Fev hire theirs out to the football team and I've seen a few boxing shows advertised for Headingly etc.

Do they generate money from shows/gigs other uses generally?....is it comparable to the money raised on matchdays?

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

They get used for maybe 15 RL games a year tops 

How much use do all our stadiums get on the other days?

E.g. I know Fev hire theirs out to the football team and I've seen a few boxing shows advertised for Headingley etc.

Do they generate money from shows/gigs other uses generally?....is it comparable to the money raised on matchdays?

Good question and in the age when we as a Game are (probably not for the first time) wondering how more money can be made.

I think it is either MJM and/or Atlantis that have some reputable figures on what match day revenues are. 

As a shopping list of streams I think there is-

• Match day tickets
  • Food and drink
  • Corporate food drink and so on
  • Programmes - literal or electronic
  • Merchandise
  • Advertising and sponsorship - literal and electronic. On the pitch, to the road or the sky for passing planes,
  • Hiring out any facility, match day or otherwise
  • Renting out ie social functions, conferences, concerts or business/council eg GP practice or COVID 19 test centre.
  • Associated business tacked on ie Hotels, pubs, 
  • Rented out for third sector endeavours eg play groups, churches, 
  • Big metal donation bin
  • Lottery, etc
  • Car parking fees (match and non match day)
  • Use of the car park ie markets, clinics.
  • Use of sports facilities ranging from the lads hiring out the 4g pitch to FC Localtown in the Northern Southern Combined League.

Any more and any prices?  

And as we are talkin' about Belfast today Sir! Van the Man had his own use for "behind the Stadium" 

Edited by idrewthehaggis

Barrow use the marquee and picnic tables on the pitch for big social events like Oktoberfest, St Patrick's Day etc.

There have also been a number of staged music events in the ground (tribute acts, DJs etc) with more to come, attracting a couple of thousand plus each time.

The big screen is used to great effect for TV events like the Euros and the Challenge Cup etc with ticketed access to the ground + a table + first drink free. 

The ability to use your ground away from matchdays to make money from entertainment and selling food and drink to punters cannot be overstated.

• Like 2