what would a kangaroos 2 team look like ?

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

OK then. Name their 6th choice side that would be nailed on favourites for the World Cup. 

You do know that the NRL is the top RL competition in thw world, don't you?

If you imagine they could send a sixth choice side and it wouldn't be the favourite that's fine.

But what you're asking is a bit boring I name a side and you say "No way they'll ever be the favourites!" Not much fun to be had there.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

If you imagine they could send a sixth choice side and it wouldn't be the favourite that's fine.

But what you're asking is a bit boring I name a side and you say "No way they'll ever be the favourites!" Not much fun to be had there.

Whilst the NRL is the best domestic competition in the world, 50% of the players in it are not Australian. They are English, New Zealanders, or declaring for one of the Pacific nations. They could probably name 6 spines that would beat the rest of the world, but they don't have the middle forward power available to them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Whilst the NRL is the best domestic competition in the world, 50% of the players in it are not Australian. They are English, New Zealanders, or declaring for one of the Pacific nations. They could probably name 6 spines that would beat the rest of the world, but they don't have the middle forward power available to them.

One of the other reasons for not responding with a list I was quite likely to pick some who have other affiliations and that would have brought out a similar reply.

The point I was making was that the depth for the Kangaroos goes much much  further than the OP and Bookies would stll make them odds on.

This is neither that dramatic or worth all this reaction.

At best it would involve nit picking which I like to avoid where ever possible.

26 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Just to check.  You do know NRL isn't a country?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Just to check, it is silly season, isn't it?

Look, I'm happy to accept your line about the 6th best Australian team being nailed on favourites for the World Cup as a throw away statement.  But if you are going to stand by it then just name the side.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Can't believe the nonsense drivel on here, everyone has an opinion but seriously Australia are not that good, if they was they wouldn't be scared to play. They keep cancelling internationals and fools (many on here) believe the nonsense 

They won't even make the final of the world cup let alone win it. Then there will be several fools on here making excuses as to why

2 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Can't believe the nonsense drivel on here, everyone has an opinion but seriously Australia are not that good, if they was they wouldn't be scared to play. They keep cancelling internationals and fools (many on here) believe the nonsense 

They won't even make the final of the world cup let alone win it. Then there will be several fools on here making excuses as to why

Everyone has an opinion but if it’s just wrong about something in the future then they’re a fool . OK got it 

10 hours ago, UTK said:

Suaalii hasn't made a public election yet either and went into Origin extended camp instead of playing in the mid-year test for Samoa, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bolt into the Australian squad.

Superstar . I’d be harassing him with calls if I was Big Mal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Everyone has an opinion but if it’s just wrong about something in the future then they’re a fool . OK got it 

Haha nope just saying that its foolish to be saying that a team who have only won 50% of their last games are unbeatable,  clearly they aren't, they loose as many as they win...

On 03/08/2022 at 20:09, graveyard johnny said:

Seems that somehow I must have posted a blank page quoting Graveyard Johnny (see above).

Thousand apologies, he must know a great deal more than I do, and it is now so seldom that I post anything on any website, anywhere, I have probably just hit 'go' instead of 'stop' somewhere, ........ or something.

No problem, there is almost certainly little or nothing I could add to any Rugby League discussion that won't have been read before by almost everyone.

Fun reading a bit of it though, from time to time.

Edited by Honor James

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

22 hours ago, Oxford said:

Edited by Honor James

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

I could start one,  although players whose names I can remember are few and far between, in comparison with the number of players who's names I have heard discussed, seen written about and even seen playing for 'n' number of clubs over the past 20 years I have worked for League Publications Limited.

Almost as many as pebbles on a beach, and I'm afraid that quite a lot of those who came easiest to mind might all be a bit past their prime by now, but here goes . . . . . . ..

Danny McGuire, Lee Briers, Kevin Sinfield, Denny Solomona, Henry Paul, Pat Richards, Iestyn Harris, Chris Hill, Ben Westwood, Sam Tomkins, Dom Manfredi, Stefan Ratchford .......... I need two more for a team, but could those make a start at least, if not for a team, for the core of an imaginary Super League team?

Edited by Honor James

Oooops!  I just scrolled back and noticed that I was supposed to be naming Ozzies not Brits.

Thousand apologies!

56 minutes ago, Honor James said:

I could start one,  although players whose names I can remember are few and far between, in comparison with the number of players who's names I have heard discussed, seen written about and even seen playing for 'n' number of clubs over the past 20 years I have worked for League Publications Limited.

Almost as many as pebbles on a beach, and I'm afraid that quite a lot of those who came easiest to mind might all be a bit past their prime by now, but here goes . . . . . . ..

Danny McGuire, Lee Briers, Kevin Sinfield, Denny Solomona, Henry Paul, Pat Richards, Iestyn Harris, Chris Hill, Ben Westwood, Sam Tomkins, Dom Manfredi, Stefan Ratchford .......... I need two more for a team, but could those make a start at least, if not for a team, for the core of an imaginary Super League team?

Just to keep you up to speed

Retired,retired,retired,retired,retired,retired,retired,still playing(injured),retired,still playing ( in England squad),retired,still playing (in England squad). 

23 hours ago, yipyee said:

Can't believe the nonsense drivel on here, everyone has an opinion

I stopped you there yipyee because as often as not on this very forum that isn't true. Yes people do have opinions and a right to have them but you wouldn't imagine that's the case  from some comments and reaction on here.

2 hours ago, Honor James said:

I just wanted to say the interests in your profile are fantastic Honor.

I shouldn't worry about finding lists of players for any reason, if I were you.

On 03/08/2022 at 21:10, Ragingbull said:

Ok here goes.

If you assume to Ozzie backline will look like this

Tedesco

Addo Carr

Mitchel

Trbojevic (if fit)

Holmes

Munster

Cleary

Then just in the backs as a second string you have

Papenhauzen

Cobbo

Burton

Wighton

Gagai

Hynes

Cherry Evans

Then back up to the 2nd string you can throw in players like. 

Hunt

Reynolds

Cody Walker

Gutherson

Edwards

Crichton

Ponga

Suallii

Thats just 2 mins of the top of.my head.  There are undoubtedly more that ive missed.  

Im prepared to say all the players ive listed would get in the England side if they were English.   That shows you how strong they are.    However in the pack i dont think there is anywhere as much depth

Looks like im the only one thats bothered to reply to the request in the origiaal post.  

Shame really, could have been a good thread this 🙄