England Schoolboys / Academy to England Mens .... Recent past, current, prospective future

Curious to know of who has graduated from the School / Academy rep teams to representing England in the top tier.   Maybe making 2010 a cut off point for past Schoolboys / Academy teams. 

Also who has the potential to do so in next few years (say by RLWC 2025) ? 

Open to Wales, Scotland, Ireland equivalents also. 

• Like 1

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

4 hours ago, The Partisan said:

Also who has the potential to do so in next few years (say by RLWC 2025) ? 

When you have been in this site long enough Partisan, you will realise that every kid that comes through the system plays first grade and has a decent game is going to be the next superstar.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

When you have been in this site long enough Partisan, you will realise that every kid that comes through the system plays first grade and has a decent game is going to be the next superstar.

And that every kid from the Wigan borough would have gone to Leigh academy if they had one 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I take a keen interest in the England Academy vs. Australian Schoolboys series.

As far as I can see, here is a list of players from England to graduate to full England or Great Britain (if we include games against the Combined Nations team - but exclude England Knights)

Jack Hughes

Reece Lyne

George Burgess

Joe Burgess

George Williams

John Bateman

Ben Currie

Luke Thompson

Mikolaj Oledzki

Jack Welsby

Harry Newman

There may be more of course that I have missed.

• Thanks 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

22 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Wigan borough would have gone to Leigh academy if they had one 

It is not just Leigh surprisingly enough but if you'd asked the RFL to ensure that some clubs would be unable to attract local promising youngsters, whilst at the same time guaranteeing opportunities at others, they couldn't have done a better job.

They are the Keiths of sport and sometimes the Wilburs too.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

23 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I take a keen interest in the England Academy vs. Australian Schoolboys series.

As far as I can see, here is a list of players from England to graduate to full England or Great Britain (if we include games against the Combined Nations team - but exclude England Knights)

Jack Hughes

Reece Lyne

George Burgess

Reece Lyne is the Zak Crawley of English RL