Jump to content

Sat 20 Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v Salford Red Devils KO 18:00 (UK Time)


Who will win?  

30 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Catalans Dragons
      16
    • Salford Red Devils
      14

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/22 at 17:30

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

I agree but the utterly grim Cretan Raki is complimentary. Such things are important when genetically tight. 

When in Crete if you turn down the Raki you will be offered am Ouzo, old trick from an old pro. 😄

 

Edited by Padge
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Have worked out - as I am sure Paul Rowley has - that if we win our last 3 and Catalan win one and Leeds two - then we will finish 4th and have a home tie.    Alternatively if Leeds win all 3 then we will likely go there unless Catalan improve quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm on Majorca and I can't find out on the Internet, because I'm blocked by being ìn Spain, can anyone advise on the odds for Salford to win the Grand Final.?

Many thanks,

Pete

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Pete

 

25/1 at betvictor

Oh great too small for a big bet and not big enough for a small one!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

"They're the say owt, do nowt Party!"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Oh great too small for a big bet and not big enough for a small one!

I should also have said if I had enough to put on either!

Sneyd needs a mention cos he gets left out in all the excitement understandable thought that is, it's hardly fair.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

"They're the say owt, do nowt Party!"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I should also have said if I had enough to put on either!

Sneyd needs a mention cos he gets left out in all the excitement understandable thought that is, it's hardly fair.

Got to agree Paul (Rowley) says the 3 of Sneyd, Croft and Brierley compliment each other and are the rudder that steers the ship.

I would also add to that from either watching the Salford games or seeing the highlights Croft is head and shoulders above any other 6 in the comp at present, my opinion of course.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

is head and shoulders above any other 6 in the comp at present, my opinion of course.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

 

  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

"They're the say owt, do nowt Party!"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Got to agree Paul (Rowley) says the 3 of Sneyd, Croft and Brierley compliment each other and are the rudder that steers the ship.

I would also add to that from either watching the Salford games or seeing the highlights Croft is head and shoulders above any other 6 in the comp at present, my opinion of course.

He's awful mate. I'd go as far as saying he's worse than that Liam Foran fella we had a few years back and at best on a par with Jack Littlejohn.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

 

 

6 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

He's awful mate. I'd go as far as saying he's worse than that Liam Foran fella we had a few years back and at best on a par with Jack Littlejohn.

 

It's there for all to see Guy's, and I wouldn't be surprised if the management at the "Pie Dome" are already eyeing him up like they did with Hastings, and especially so if the rumours we are hearing in Leigh that Bevan French could be plying his trade at the LSV next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

 

It's there for all to see Guy's, and I wouldn't be surprised if the management at the "Pie Dome" are already eyeing him up like they did with Hastings, and especially so if the rumours we are hearing in Leigh that Bevan French could be plying his trade at the LSV next season.

Well they can go forth and multiply, as can a certain Salfordian now playing his trade t'other side t'Pennines.😁

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next time u go to watch Catalan away, up the road (30 mins on regular bus) is thewonderful historic town of Tossa de Mar. Accommodation widely available,  lots of good bars, cafes etc, it's worth a look. Meanwhile , come on Salford😊🍺👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Manxarms said:

Also what is the best way to get to the ground from lloret, cheers

Catalan Sport Tours

https://catalansporttours.com/About 

About 30 Euros for a matchday return IIRC (may be slightly cheaper) and they pick up from a few locations in Lloret. They also do a airport/matchday package as well for those who need transfers from the likes of Barcelona airport.

Coach was bloody comfy yesterday, leather seats, loads of leg room and good air-con. Would highly recommend them.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Manxarms said:

Next time u go to watch Catalan away, up the road (30 mins on regular bus) is thewonderful historic town of Tossa de Mar. Accommodation widely available,  lots of good bars, cafes etc, it's worth a look. Meanwhile , come on Salford😊🍺👍

What kind of regular bus is that Manxy? it's 87 miles from Tossa to Perpignan it would have to maintain an average of 174 miles an hour to get there in 30 mins, nearly as fast as the combined speed of Burgess and Sio.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What kind of regular bus is that Manxy? it's 87 miles from Tossa to Perpignan it would have to maintain an average of 174 miles an hour to get there in 30 mins, nearly as fast as the combined speed of Burgess and Sio.

I think he means 30 mins from Lloret to Tossa Harry.😁

PS. Maybe that should read "Tossa, Harry"  to avoid any potential confusion.😉😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

I think he means 30 mins from Lloret to Tossa Harry.😁

PS. Maybe that should read "Tossa, Harry"  to avoid any potential confusion.😉😂

The clue was in "next time you go to watch Catalan away" and then the referance to accomodation in Tossa, kinda says it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

The clue was in "next time you go to watch Catalan away" and then the referance to accomodation in Tossa, kinda says it all.

SRD won, On a Gagne!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

"They're the say owt, do nowt Party!"

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...