Brierley coming to Toronto

Kayakman

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

He is coming to Toronto and there are tickets in a local pub to listen to him tell what really happened to the Wolfpack.  He will answer all questions.  Could be interesting.

Please be sure to pass on the true story, to us all here?

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

Please be sure to pass on the true story, to us all here?

I don't think I can make it since it is a long trip and I'm in the middle of a medical family thing...  I'm hoping its posted somewhere.  I sure would like to be there though...!

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I don't think I can make it since it is a long trip and I'm in the middle of a medical family thing...  I'm hoping its posted somewhere.  I sure would like to be there though...!

Yes me too, my friend.

Let's hope, it appears somewhere. 

• Like 1

There was an article in the Guardian a few weeks ago where some ex Wolfpack players were saying they still haven't received any of the money owed to them after the club went bust. Lots of promises of payment over the last 2 years but no money has materialised and they are going to take legal action against Argyle......

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jul/29/toronto-wolfpack-rise-and-demise-unpaid-players-and-a-cautionary-tale

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

There was an article in the Guardian a few weeks ago where some ex Wolfpack players were saying they still haven't received any of the money owed to them after the club went bust. Lots of promises of payment over the last 2 years but no money has materialised and they are going to take legal action against Argyle......

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jul/29/toronto-wolfpack-rise-and-demise-unpaid-players-and-a-cautionary-tale

I feel for those poor guys...getting stiffed and all....Argyle got stiffed, the Wolfpack club got stiffed, the players got stiffed and the fans got stiffed.

What is the RFL doing?

Looks like everyone got stiffed. It all looked great when Toronto appeared and was just what the game needed. Unfortunately SL were against it and the rest is history. SL hasn't made it easy for the French teams either.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/10/2022 at 00:07, frank said:

Looks like everyone got stiffed. It all looked great when Toronto appeared and was just what the game needed. Unfortunately SL were against it and the rest is history. SL hasn't made it easy for the French teams either.

This. Argyle seems to have basically used the players and non-payments as a weapon against Super League.  They wouldn't budge so he said screw it.  The players were pawns in this.

If SL cared about the player payments, they would have allowed Livolsi to buy the team and keep it in SL.

Edited by CanadianRugger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

This. Argyle seems to have basically used the players and non-payments as a weapon against Super League.  They wouldn't budge so he said screw it.  The players were pawns in this.

If SL cared about the player payments, they would have allowed Livolsi to buy the team and keep it in SL.

The players should have been paid  and Brierley is to blame for that.  

Be interesting to hear what Brierly has to say.

1 minute ago, frank said:

Be interesting to hear what Brierly has to say..

SL has a lot to answer for and  got rid of 10,000 fans instead of trying to sort it.

1 minute ago, frank said:

Be interesting to hear what Brierly has to say.

Brierley spoke very well on the night and gave an honest opinion on things. Was not nice to have to be told what went on as a TWP fan but better to have more than one side of the story . He had no reason to lie about what went on. I for one believe what he said rather than what we were spoon fed from the club. Certainly not the players fault that they were due money and were not paid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canis Lupus said:

Brierley spoke very well on the night and gave an honest opinion on things. Was not nice to have to be told what went on as a TWP fan but better to have more than one side of the story . He had no reason to lie about what went on. I for one believe what he said rather than what we were spoon fed from the club. Certainly not the players fault that they were due money and were not paid. 

What was the gist of it? 

20 hours ago, Canis Lupus said:

Basically that things were on the slide prior to Covid and David Argyle whilst putting a great deal of money in was poorly advised by certain quarters. . There were issues that could not be blamed on Covid evident before the shutdown of the season. 

This 'poor advice' was spotted by some posters on here; problems in senior management.  I believe the other problems could have been solved with some good will and a stiff backbone....too bad really.

• 3 months later...
On 27/01/2023 at 10:15, Bobby123 said:

Not the least bit interested. More worrying things in the UK to think about.

And yet you clicked into the International forum, clicked into the Toronto subforum, then clicked on the very-clearly-titled thread... that was last posted in three months ago?

I wish more women were as disinterested in me as you are in this topic. 

Edited by TheReaper
Typo

On 27/01/2023 at 03:54, DoubleD said:

There were new owners who offered to cover al of the debts but the RFL Big Wigs quashed it all.