Anyone know of any incoming player rumours regarding Thunder??

RunningRugbyRL

It has gone pretty quiet on the Thunder end as regards to plans for next season. With Josh Eaves signing for Whitehaven today and Ellis Robson signing for Keighley a few weeks ago, these are the only Thunder squad related news stories I have heard. 

Has anyone heard any news on incomings and outgoings for 2023?

And is Chris Thorman as our new head coach true, or just a rumour?

10 hours ago, RunningRugbyRL said:

It has gone pretty quiet on the Thunder end as regards to plans for next season. With Josh Eaves signing for Whitehaven today and Ellis Robson signing for Keighley a few weeks ago, these are the only Thunder squad related news stories I have heard. 

Has anyone heard any news on incomings and outgoings for 2023?

And is Chris Thorman as our new head coach true, or just a rumour?

Brad Day has signed for Featherstone and Peachey has signed for Sheffield.

The Thorman rumour is a rumour but a strong rumour.

In terms of incomings, sure I saw something on the Whitehaven board about one or two of their players coming to us. But nothing else at the moment.

3 hours ago, Phil W said:

Brad Day has signed for Featherstone and Peachey has signed for Sheffield.

The Thorman rumour is a rumour but a strong rumour.

In terms of incomings, sure I saw something on the Whitehaven board about one or two of their players coming to us. But nothing else at the moment.

Looks like the players from Whitehaven are scrum half, Nikau Williams and fullback, Geronimo Doyle. Two decent players who should get fans on their feet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spanishknight said:

What's your honest opinion of him and Jesse Dee please.

Dee got injured and didn't play after Widnes in April but played at centre and think he's a good signing.

Ta'ai again spent the first part of last season injured but could well be a good impact player for bursts off the bench, also a leader and well respected by everyone. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spanishknight said:

What's your honest opinion of him and Jesse Dee please.

Like ta'ai gutted hes gone, dee only played a few games before injury cut short his season, games he played in though didnt stand out for me, though most of the squad didnt stand out hence the 12th place finish, halsall from wigan and local lad noakes were better centres than dee.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Williams was doing the rou

3 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Any truth Jamie Doran has signed? Alongside Nikau Williams from Haven? 

Williams was doing the rounds from Whitehaven fans so could be true.

As for Doran I thought when I saw earlier he'd left Workington it could be to us. He also liked the tweet yesterday. But Chris Thorman has tweeted this evening saying it was a pleasure to coach him. So who knows!

Our recruitment is being kept under wraps which I don't mind to be honest.

46 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Williams was doing the rou

Williams was doing the rounds from Whitehaven fans so could be true.

As for Doran I thought when I saw earlier he'd left Workington it could be to us. He also liked the tweet yesterday. But Chris Thorman has tweeted this evening saying it was a pleasure to coach him. So who knows!

Our recruitment is being kept under wraps which I don't mind to be honest.

Doran announced at Haven tonight, thought he could end up at Newcastle so could of had the choice of both

Rhys Clarke comes back in as player coach leading on the reserves and under 16s. Someone who's come through the pathway that kids can relate to.

Likewise Jason Payne coming in as Academy under 18s coach, has had great success at Northumbria so a really good appointment.

Plus two people who will make sure there's pride in the shirt.

37 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Rhys Clarke comes back in as player coach leading on the reserves and under 16s. Someone who's come through the pathway that kids can relate to.

Likewise Jason Payne coming in as Academy under 18s coach, has had great success at Northumbria so a really good appointment.

Plus two people who will make sure there's pride in the shirt.

Is Michael Heap no longer there?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

On 12/10/2022 at 20:49, Angelic Cynic said:

Is Michael Heap no longer there?

Nothing been said on Michael Heap from what I can see can try and find out.

Nikau Williams confirmed on a one year deal from Whitehaven, looks a good bit of business that.

• Like 1