RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Personally id Like an England V Aus final with us winning obviously, that would feel like a bigger ‘win’

I partly agree. Beating them would be amazing, but I'd love to see them not even make the final. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Will Holt said:

Also 20,000 sold already for the Elland Rd semi so 110k+ so far for semis & final

20k for the Leeds semi is very good at this stage. Even if we don't sell any more, that is a respectable crowd.

55k sold already for semi finals justifies the decision to remove the double header element, seeing Fiji and Australia playing out the semi in 2013 at an almost empty Wembley was a bad sight. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

20k for the Leeds semi is very good at this stage. Even if we don't sell any more, that is a respectable crowd.

55k sold already for semi finals justifies the decision to remove the double header element, seeing Fiji and Australia playing out the semi in 2013 at an almost empty Wembley was a bad sight. 

Removing double headers is always the correct decision.

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

So is Aus V NZ at Elland Road the likely fixture?

That would be epic at a near full Elland Road, i best get a ticket!

Yes, if seeding goes to plan, Aus v NZ on the Friday at Elland Rd and England v Tonga on Saturday at Emirates. 

Elland Rd under lights with a big crowd in always looks good. On TV. 

Just now, Dave T said:

Yes, if seeding goes to plan, Aus v NZ on the Friday at Elland Rd and England v Tonga on Saturday at Emirates. 

Elland Rd under lights with a big crowd in always looks good. On TV. 

It’s a bloody awful stadium to actually sit in but it has got something about it that makes games seem ‘special’

Once again we are seeing that there's a very big market for these games in London. People who aren't interested in the Broncos/Skolars but who will watch international RL. Let's do better than give them one England game every few years.

EDIT: But not CNAS.

Edited by Archie Gordon
  • Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

It’s a bloody awful stadium to actually sit in but it has got something about it that makes games seem ‘special’

Yep. The other issue I have with it is that I don't think I've ever seen my team win at the ground. 

You'll have the advantage of seeing Leeds win WCC's there, but England/GB have a horrible record there. 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

What’s the best way to get to emirates on train?

is it easy to get to from Kings X?

You can basically walk from there or tube one stop - you see it as you pull into the station.

It's very easy if you are coming from the north.

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What’s the best way to get to emirates on train?

is it easy to get to from Kings X?

Highbury and Islington tube is next door as well.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep. The other issue I have with it is that I don't think I've ever seen my team win at the ground. 

You'll have the advantage of seeing Leeds win WCC's there, but England/GB have a horrible record there. 

Yep, Leeds beating Cantebury there was one of the best games ive ever been to, the atmosphere was utterly electric 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

So are the early games of the RLWC but it doesn't seem to exempt it from being criticised. 

Do you think there won't be cricket fans discussing their crowds? 

I recall one of their proper world cups in the Caribbean getting an awful lot of stick for crowds a few years back. An awful lot. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I recall one of their proper world cups in the Caribbean getting an awful lot of stick for crowds a few years back. An awful lot. 

Yes - lots of new grounds and hotels and nobody turned up.

I went to Trent Bridge, 15k odd capacity, for Kent v Lancs final last month and it was half full.

33 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So apparently 55k sold for the final, 35k for the emirates semi and 20k for Elland road

They seem pretty healthy to say its not certain England are in the semi and Final

Great stuff that. Really promising to hear of the rush in sales in the London are for the semi final in the hours after the Samoa game. The beauty of the casual viewer of the game is that good victories over the French and Greece will tempt more out. They won't think like us die hards do and go 'it's only France' or 'it's only Greece', they'll just see Dom Young, Jack Welsby or whoever running in trys and want to see a game in the flesh. 

Lets just keep everything crossed for no upsets before that semi and that we can perform in that game, if we do make it. To watch our international side, back to back, in London and then Manchester, in front of 60,000 and 75,000 would be extremely special. Too much to ask that we get next years series announced, venues confirmed and early bird tickets on sale in time to ride that momentum? I would hope not. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Great stuff that. Really promising to hear of the rush in sales in the London are for the semi final in the hours after the Samoa game. The beauty of the casual viewer of the game is that good victories over the French and Greece will tempt more out. They won't think like us die hards do and go 'it's only France' or 'it's only Greece', they'll just see Dom Young, Jack Welsby or whoever running in trys and want to see a game in the flesh. 

Lets just keep everything crossed for no upsets before that semi and that we can perform in that game, if we do make it. To watch our international side, back to back, in London and then Manchester, in front of 60,000 and 75,000 would be extremely special. Too much to ask that we get next years series announced, venues confirmed and early bird tickets on sale in time to ride that momentum? I would hope not. 

Wait for the complaints when prices are even higher to reflect the fact England are World Champs.......

8 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Wait for the complaints when prices are even higher to reflect the fact England are World Champs.......

These comments would work if we weren't playing other games in front of 6k in heartlands. 

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm sure some cricket fans are criticising it but I don't even know the first thing about modern cricket so can't really comment. And I certainly don't mean RL should ignore poor attendances, it's long been a source of frustration for me and I wish they could improve matters instead of the constant disappointing crowds the game seems to get. 

That said, I wish RL had a bit more arrogance and just ignored criticism of crowds (like cricket) or a joke shadow of its former self (football) and was more bullish.

I suppose my point was that these games were reported on and no mention was made of the crowds, or lack of. What they seemed to do was focus on the handful of spectators that were actually there having a good time. And ignore the negatives.