Shirt sponsor.

30 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Reality is your club has just changed it’s name because your owner likes big cats (although not enough to get the right one on the shirt). Changed the club colours, put a jaguars ring piece on the back of the shirt, created a logo in MS paint using clipart and had everyone in RL taking the mick.

As I say , I’d be embarrassed.

I’ve been critical of the execution of this rebrand, purely because of the quality of design work. But it looks like there’ll be some backtracking on the shirt design, and overall the club is arguably in a much better position now than it has ever been.

I find Beaumont cringeworthy at times, and have spent a lot of the last few days cringing, but also appreciate the good news that is coming out. I’d also be embarrassed if my club was taking to social media to take the mick out of another club, as it’s not especially professional

2 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I’ve been critical of the execution of this rebrand, purely because of the quality of design work. But it looks like there’ll be some backtracking on the shirt design, and overall the club is arguably in a much better position now than it has ever been.

I find Beaumont cringeworthy at times, and have spent a lot of the last few days cringing, but also appreciate the good news that is coming out. I’d also be embarrassed if my club was taking to social media to take the mick out of another club, as it’s not especially professional

Where’s the backtracking on the shirt design? Ive posted s picture of them wearing it with the new sponsors 

23 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Where’s the backtracking on the shirt design? Ive posted s picture of them wearing it with the new sponsors 

Possibly that is the magic weekend shirt from what DB stated earlier, as a Leigh fan I ###### hope so 😀coz I ain’t buying one, nor want to see my team in it week in week out

and it’s taken the gloss of what is a decent squad announcement at this stage of the close season, more signings to come as well

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ColD said:

Possibly that is the magic weekend shirt from what DB stated earlier, as a Leigh fan I ###### hope so 😀coz I ain’t buying one, nor want to see my team in it week in week out

and it’s taken the gloss of what is a decent squad announcement at this stage of the close season, more signings to come as well

Why what did he say about magic?

44 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’d be surprised if they don’t change the shirt from what was used the other day, as they’d hardly sell any. 

But then again, I wasn’t a massive fan of last seasons shirt, and didn’t buy one for that reason.

But at least it didn’t have a jaguar’s rear end on it 🤣

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

I’d be surprised if they don’t change the shirt from what was used the other day, as they’d hardly sell any. 

But then again, I wasn’t a massive fan of last seasons shirt, and didn’t buy one for that reason.

I think that’s just Derek Beaumont not being able to write very well, he just seems to be saying that that was a Summer Bash shirt and thst by going with neutral colours with the new brand means in the future they can add to it.

Im afraid your club has got a jaguar’s anus on its new shirt.

36 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Derek definitely needs to re-read things before he posts them. Or get someone else to read them.

Because what he posts doesn't come across as anywhere near professional.

And that reflects on Leigh RLFC.

And it reflects on the sport as a whole.

Edited by Stuff Smith
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think that’s just Derek Beaumont not being able to write very well, he just seems to be saying that that was a Summer Bash shirt and thst by going with neutral colours with the new brand means in the future they can add to it.

Im afraid your club has got a jaguar’s anus on its new shirt.

Maybe, time will tell. But in the end, it will be a shirt that I don’t like, and won’t buy. Happened before, will happen again. 

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

Maybe, time will tell. But in the end, it will be a shirt that I don’t like, and won’t buy. Happened before, will happen again. 

But even if it turns out it isn’t the shirt, your clubs owner thought that announcing a load of great signings, some great initiatives wasn’t good enough, he had to change your name and make those new signings wear a shirt with a Jaguar’s anus on it.

you don’t think that’s embarrassing?

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

But even if it turns out it isn’t the shirt, your clubs owner thought that announcing a load of great signings, some great initiatives wasn’t good enough, he had to change your name and make those new signings wear a shirt with a Jaguar’s anus on it.

Have already said that I’ve found it all cringeworthy, so am essentially agreeing with you.

But I also feel the good news coming out of the club is of more substance than the embarrassing stuff. The shirt will be changed in a year at most anyway, and not particularly bothered about the badge or name. In fact, I quite like the badge / branding for juniors teams, and if all of this gets us closer to a full academy, I’ll be happy with that because we need one. 

5 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

And Leigh are laughing all the way to the bank, while, for some reason, you seem to be obsessing on jaguars' anuses.

Martyn, given your position on this board, I think that's hugely uncalled for. Hugely.

Edited by Stuff Smith

27 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Technically, it IS a Leopards anus on the back, it's a Jaguar on the front. The detective work was done collectively on the Leigh facebook group and both stock images were tracked down. It is of course still an animals rear end which is highly embarrassing, but I feel like we should all stay factual here...

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

And Leigh are laughing all the way to the bank, while, for some reason, you seem to be obsessing on jaguars' anuses.

And that's all that matters, isn't it?

Who cares that the "rebrand" humiliates the club, and by extension the town, as long as it means there's more money coming in.

The irony is that despite the club supposedly generating more income it's actually been cheapened.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Technically, it IS a Leopards anus on the back, it's a Jaguar on the front. The detective work was done collectively on the Leigh facebook group and both stock images were tracked down. It is of course still an animals rear end which is highly embarrassing, but I feel like we should all stay factual here...

Thank f*ck for that.

It'd be really embarrassing if we didn't have the right animal's anus on the back of the shirt.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Ok I apologise, I mean i could say that not even matching the front and the anus n the back up makes it even more embarrassing… 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

But what’s getting more coverage?

Depends what you define as coverage. I wouldn’t call conversations on this board as coverage. A quick google search suggests most coverage has been given to the fact the name change has happened, followed by the new signings being reported by sky sports and a PA report also mentioning negative reaction on social media. Not seeing much news coverage about the badge and kit. Though if they are monitoring social media response, they won’t like what they see.

Not sure of the relevance though, setting up new teams and attracting more sponsors is still more substantial news than a ###### shirt when it comes to the direction the club is heading imo.