SL Club Rebranding

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

A Jaguars ringpiece?

in all seriousness i would expect a professionally designed badge for a start.

Have you actually looked at the badges of the rest of SL?? They are all absolutely appalling.  

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

So his big press launch last week was just market research then? 

😅

Is there actually a law against it Gav ? 

Explain how he could have done some ' market research ' without everybody finding out ? Sending somebody round the North Stand asking which they preferred ? 

He's doing it this way , nobody has died , the world isn't coming to an end because of this , no matter how it had been done there would have been plenty on here finding ways to have a ' dig ' , it's par for the course , we expect it now , we really don't care what anybody else thinks , I recall a certain Mr Hetherington giving me his opinion of Leigh as a club 17 years ago , it formed my opinion of him then , it hasn't changed 

1 minute ago, binosh said:

More embarrassing than losing 100-4?? your club has a lot of work to do, some of which you are responsible for before you start ripping into other clubs I’d get your own house in order. As players say, stop worrying about the opposition and focus on your own short comings.

Me? What am I responsible for?

Blowout scores happen in any league - Storm put 70 on the Tigers in the NRL this year. A 96 point loss was ###### but it is what it is, Leigh's squad cost 5 times what York's did.

Leigh announced a lot of good stuff last week, but the rebrand was shambolic. York losing to them last season is completely irrelevant to that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Is there actually a law against it Gav ? 

Explain how he could have done some ' market research ' without everybody finding out ? Sending somebody round the North Stand asking which they preferred ? 

He's doing it this way , nobody has died , the world isn't coming to an end because of this , no matter how it had been done there would have been plenty on here finding ways to have a ' dig ' , it's par for the course , we expect it now , we really don't care what anybody else thinks , I recall a certain Mr Hetherington giving me his opinion of Leigh as a club 17 years ago , it formed my opinion of him then , it hasn't changed 

There are plenty of professional companies that offer this service. It's actually pretty standard stuff in most professionally done rebrands.

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Can’t speak for Gav but it bothers me because they are a team in the top tier of our sport and they should be acting professionally.

Don't , just don't , you think our ' unprofessional ' rebrand is damaging to the sport ? , Plenty more that every single club and the governing body has done for decades is much worse than this 

6 hours ago, JonM said:

Have you got signage on the list 😉 ? Leigh Sports Village (Spots Village as it will soon be known) has Centurions signs up all over the place. All the signs as you drive into Leigh say Home of Leigh Centurions 

LSV won’t let the club change any signage until the World Cup has finished.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I actually think we aren't particularly persecuted as a club from other fans at least.

I've always found other fans to want us to do well....apart from the odd ***ed up ones who've travelled down 

I'll never forget the good dozen or so well.wishers who said good luck etc as I walked back to my car after the Belle Vue relegation game 

It's changed.

Not many were quite so positive when we were doing well.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

To professionals , the rest of the normal world couldn't care less 

The rebrand has been roundly criticised by just about everyone in rugby league circles bar roughly 20% of Leigh fans and Martyn Sadler.

If you're happy with it then fair enough. Others are allowed to call it out for what it is though - shambolic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

To professionals , the rest of the normal world couldn't care less 

To be fair everyone's been laughing at it for days, that professionals think it's naff also only reinforces that.

• Like 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Weren't you something in marketing when you were a club director?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

What are they doing? Who knows!

They had s rebrand launch and not at any point did they say this was going to be a fans vote or anything of the sort.

Derek Beaumont is backtracking. The official SL channels are using the logo as are Leighs official channels.

As i said, amateur hour.

We don't give a toss what you think , do you really think the Leigh fans who will be buying the clubs merchandise will give a toss either ? , Nope 

Feel free to keep being outraged , you are cheering me up after a hard day's graft 😂

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We don't give a toss what you think , do you really think the Leigh fans who will be buying the clubs merchandise will give a toss either ? , Nope 

Feel free to keep being outraged , you are cheering me up after a hard day's graft 😂

The comments on your own SM by your own fans suggests you do care

• Like 1

1 minute ago, binosh said:

You sure?

142876F7-A285-4B79-B8DA-C09D9EFC0397.jpeg

Something that might be missed here is the distinction between clubs who did their badges in the 90s (looking a bit dated) and the one who did one last week (looking like it was done in MS paint). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.