SL Club Rebranding

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

A red gradient actually makes it a complete nightmare for kit manufacturers.

I think the badge that will be on the kit is the black and white. This as I said is a misguided attempt by Beaumont to try and justify it by showing its versatility. Being able to change parts of it from black to red doesn't make it good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Who said it was? You've clearly missed many of my other posts on this topic if you think I'm somehow defending it, but people should at least stick to facts.

And the fact is it's unprofessional.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

39 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

So his big press launch last week was just market research then? 

😅

God only knows what that was. Based on interviews and social media posts since, my best guess would be that it was a rush job to get the new name out ahead of the RFL deadlines ahead of fixture releases etc... FWIW, I've no real problem with them putting a few options out there for fans and sponsors to vote on. I'd defer to your superior knowledge on the technical aspects of the design and issues that would cause. Fair to say I wouldn't be recommending the design team within the marketing agency that have put their name to this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

God only knows what that was. Based on interviews and social media posts since, my best guess would be that it was a rush job to get the new name out ahead of the RFL deadlines ahead of fixture releases etc... FWIW, I've no real problem with them putting a few options out there for fans and sponsors to vote on. I'd defer to your superior knowledge on the technical aspects of the design and issues that would cause. Fair to say I wouldn't be recommending the design team within the marketing agency that have put their name to this.

Getting fans to vote on the badge is fine, in fact it could be good pr, but that’s not what they have done/are doing.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Getting fans to vote on the badge is fine, in fact it could be good pr, but that’s not what they have done/are doing.

What are they doing? My understanding from his radio Mcr interview was that there would be a vote via a fans forum on badge and kit, hence the different variations he's posting out. Could easily have misunderstood, happens a lot as I get older.

40 minutes ago, phiggins said:

What are they doing? My understanding from his radio Mcr interview was that there would be a vote via a fans forum on badge and kit, hence the different variations he's posting out. Could easily have misunderstood, happens a lot as I get older.

What are they doing? Who knows!

They had s rebrand launch and not at any point did they say this was going to be a fans vote or anything of the sort.

Derek Beaumont is backtracking. The official SL channels are using the logo as are Leighs official channels.

As i said, amateur hour.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, phiggins said:

You really should do all that before the launch though 😂

Edited by Damien
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

You really do all that before the launch though 😂

Yes, they should've done. But once they had the launch and had all of the backlash, should they have ignored it?

Plus, you kind of have to do some sort of launch of a new name at least, before you can get any wider input on the badge, otherwise the first question would be, "Why does it say Leopards?!"

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Yes, they should've done. But once they had the launch and had all of the backlash, should they have ignored it?

Plus, you kind of have to do some sort of launch of a new name at least, before you can get any wider input on the badge, otherwise the first question would be, "Why does it say Leopards?!"

They had the backlash because of the poor way it was done and the poor quality.

The name should have been part of the consultation too and even if it wasn't up for discussion, because Degsy likes leopards, that need not stop a consultation. Various dummy options could have been added to mask the name if needed.

While preferring just plain 'Leigh', Leigh Leopards is as good a name as any if one has to go down that route - alliterative and a suitably ferocious animal. As for the badge, it's a leopards head. What are people expecting to see on the badge? An octopus? Two leopards mating?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hw88 said:

While preferring just plain 'Leigh', Leigh Leopards is as good a name as any if one has to go down that route - alliterative and a suitably ferocious animal. As for the badge, it's a leopards head. What are people expecting to see on the badge? An octopus? Two leopards mating?

A Jaguars ringpiece?

in all seriousness i would expect a professionally designed badge for a start.

I'd hate to be painting the Subbuteo version of that Leigh kit.

My thought is all RL clubs should have a feline nickname.

Warrington - obviously Cheshire Cats.

Salford - Big Ginger

Leeds/Saints/Wigan - Cheetahs

Huddersfield - Jaguars, as I imagine Tory Davy driving round town dispensing

the thoughts of  Boris and Rishi in a Jag.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

London Broncos (blame Steele Retchless), although now, by distance and time, reduced to vanishingly few in-person matches.

I actually think we aren't particularly persecuted as a club from other fans at least.

I've always found other fans to want us to do well....apart from the odd ***ed up ones who've travelled down 

I'll never forget the good dozen or so well.wishers who said good luck etc as I walked back to my car after the Belle Vue relegation game 

26 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

A Jaguars ringpiece?

in all seriousness i would expect a professionally designed badge for a start.

Jaguars are completely different species to leapords....South American species not Afro-asian 

Panthero pandus  Vs Panthera Onca 

Not sure about the differences in ringpiece anatomy to be fair 

9 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I'd hate to be painting the Subbuteo version of that Leigh kit.

My thought is all RL clubs should have a feline nickname.

Warrington - obviously Cheshire Cats.

Salford - Big Ginger

Leeds/Saints/Wigan - Cheetahs

Huddersfield - Jaguars, as I imagine Tory Davy driving round town dispensing

the thoughts of  Boris and Rishi in a Jag.

I like it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tubby said:

I'm not a Leigh fan. Some people are, in my opinion, just a little narrow-minded. 

We're an easy target , 3 ' digs ' at SL , 2 doomed before we'd played a game , fell at the last hurdle in the other after a really good go at it , we have an outspoken owner , but you'd be hard pushed to find another with his level of commitment , our location is constantly used against us ( not like we're going to move is it ) and was used against us in licencing , of that I have no doubt , and of course the lack of a train station ( again , find me a RL club who've built their own ) 

So we are who we are , where we are , with what we do and don't have , I'd suggest in the last 20odd years we've won more RL games than any other pro team in the world , that can be both a positive and a negative from our ' fans ' perspective , will not winning a similar % of games at a higher level make or break us , hopefully we'll find out , and if that's as the Leopards then fine 

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, UBranger said:

Hope Huddersfield re-brand, Can't stand the name and the logo/ mascot just look awful. 

Yes Sheffield Eagles is much better, just adopt that, oh hang on!!!!!!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, JonM said:

Have you got signage on the list 😉 ? Leigh Sports Village (Spots Village as it will soon be known) has Centurions signs up all over the place. All the signs as you drive into Leigh say Home of Leigh Centurions 

You seriously think they could have got all that ready to change without somebody letting the Leopard out of the bag ? 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Because it reflects badly on Super League. The whole thing has been embarrassing and has undermined all the good stuff that came out of that press conference last week. 

More embarrassing than losing 100-4?? your club has a lot of work to do, some of which you are responsible for before you start ripping into other clubs I’d get your own house in order. As players say, stop worrying about the opposition and focus on your own short comings.

• Thanks 2