SL Club Rebranding

5 minutes ago, binosh said:

Everyone doesn’t hate us, just you 3, Dave T, Dallas Mead, and the other one who’s name I forget who mentions Leigh on every thread.

Aside from that being nonsense, it is precisely because I don't hate Leigh that I find it sad how embarrassing this is. DB can invest as much as he likes, he'll be gone from Leigh RLFC one day. He's just a custodian, and Leigh with its fans and history isn't his toy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, binosh said:

Some people are really thinking too deeply about something that was probably done to attract some younger fans and sell a few membership packages. Heaven forbid we attract new fans!! You never we may attract some of the lesser spotted away fans who like leopards.

This is the thing though - if it was executed with a bit more care and attention, it would be a lot easier to attract those potential new fans, and more of them too.

I don't hate Leigh, I don't hate any club. I want every club to be the best version of itself that it can be. The game would be much better for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

My problem is the sport should have higher standards.

I haven’t got an issue with the Leigh club

Standards have or are being introduced by IMG it’s just you or I don’t know what they are yet? Maybe Derek and all the other clubs do?

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

This is the thing though - if it was executed with a bit more care and attention, it would be a lot easier to attract those potential new fans, and more of them too.

I don't hate Leigh, I don't hate any club. I want every club to be the best version of itself that it can be. The game would be much better for it.

Does the badge* fit social media portraits for example? This is the sort of basics being failed here.

*seemingly now subject to change

24 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

To be fair everyone's been laughing at it for days, that professionals think it's naff also only reinforces that.

No worries , I'll ring Derek on his cruise ship and tell him to jump overboard 

Nobody cares , if it's entertained , fine , I post plenty on here that uses mine and my clubs ' failings ' to entertain others , to all those on here so upset about it , go to the political board and vent your anger at important stuff , not that a RL club has got the wrong pussy cat on a shirt , FFS , get a life 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

No worries , I'll ring Derek on his cruise ship and tell him to jump overboard 

Nobody cares , if it's entertained , fine , I post plenty on here that uses mine and my clubs ' failings ' to entertain others , to all those on here so upset about it , go to the political board and vent your anger at important stuff , not that a RL club has got the wrong pussy cat on a shirt , FFS , get a life 

Why do you find it so objectionable that RL fans post about RL stuff in a RL website.

You keep saying nobody cares, your own clubs fans clearly do, and so they should.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, binosh said:

So basically you have no idea but your still happy to assume it wasn’t done by a professional company, and comment as such. Ok.

Surely you can't look at that badge* and say "hmmm yes this looks like a professional job of the same standard as others I've seen in the past few years?"😂

*and edited versions.

28 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s far better than leighs

Fine , not a problem , if we end up with the worst badge and shirt in SL , but don't finish bottom of the important bit, the actual League table I'll be distraught , honest I really will 😁

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Surely you can't look at that badge* and say "hmmm yes this looks like a professional job of the same standard as others I've seen in the past few years?"😂

*and edited versions.

At first it was a shock but in all honesty now he’s explained it needed to be in on a deadline and the final design is subject to change I can live with it. It’s actually growing on me and I 100% understand the rationale behind it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s far better than leighs

It's worked too hasn't it , the McAlpine ( or whatever it's called now ) has been overflowing with new fans so impressed with the professional badge on the players shirts 😁 

That's how important it is 

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

At first it was a shock but in all honesty now he’s explained it needed to be in on a deadline and the final design is subject to change I can live with it. It’s actually growing on me and I 100% understand the rationale behind it.

Did you read the rationale?

‘Degsy likes leopards’

• Like 1

The deadline excuse doesn't really make sense though. There'd always be a deadline for this sort of thing, the way round it is do it 6-12 months prior or if it gets too near for you to do it properly don't do it at all

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Just now, GUBRATS said:

It's worked too hasn't it , the McAlpine ( or whatever it's called now ) has been overflowing with new fans so impressed with the professional badge on the players shirts 😁 

That's how important it is 

If you don’t think branding is important in professional sport then id suggest you’re being naive.

• Like 3

If he came out and said that straight away in the press conference last week rather than backtracking after the whole thing nosedived, folk would be plenty more understanding.

York managed their rebrand to the same deadline and haven't had any of these issues. That's the whole point of the criticism.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The comments on your own SM by your own fans suggests you do care

You mean all the ' Bozzo's ' who go on Facebook and the ' Banter ' page ? 😁 

They're annoyed at everything and everybody every week , in the pub last night all anybody was bothered about was playing in Red and White