Parking at Elland Road

There's lots of council car parks by the stadium, though they tend to fill up. In the city there are several multi storeys and a special bus service from by the Hilton hotel (its not too far to walk either).

Otherwise we always park in Beeston at the top of the hill which overlooks the ground, free on street parking, walking straight down Wesley street to the stadium. 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

There's lots of council car parks by the stadium, though they tend to fill up. In the city there are several multi storeys and a special bus service from by the Hilton hotel (its not too far to walk either).

Otherwise we always park in Beeston at the top of the hill which overlooks the ground, free on street parking, walking straight down Wesley street to the stadium. 

Cheers I might try this. I support Dons and go to Hunslet every year when we play them, I’ve just looked on map it’s so close to Elland Rd I know that area quite well, never knew before lol 

2 minutes ago, Intake Don said:

Cheers I might try this. I support Dons and go to Hunslet every year when we play them, I’ve just looked on map it’s so close to Elland Rd I know that area quite well, never knew before lol 

Yeah if you're parking up at the top you might be better coming off the M621 at junctions other than Elland Road itself on Matchdays. Google Maps will be your friend there.

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Blooming Just Park - the driveway is full and can’t contact the guy - as it happens theres loads of free spaces around his house anyway

Ouch. Never had a problem with it previously (used it tonight in Cambridge, in fact)

Elland Road we usually park on the A62 and follow it back to the M62

We parked in the park and ride next to the ground. £6 and half empty.

Getting there was a shocker took an hour from M1 to the ground and people were still trying to park 15mins after KO. At the bar near halftime loads of people moaning about being late. 

Friday night big game. No no.

5 hours ago, Midlands hobo said:

We parked in the park and ride next to the ground. £6 and half empty.

Getting there was a shocker took an hour from M1 to the ground and people were still trying to park 15mins after KO. At the bar near halftime loads of people moaning about being late. 

Friday night big game. No no.

It's a shocker of a place to get to from most directions unless you're really familiar with local short cuts. 

The place is really starting to look a bit shabby now as well. 

But it's the biggest ground in a city which consistently delivers good international crowds so we're probably stuck with it for the foreseeable future. At least until the 40k version of Odsal is finished anyway.

First time I have been to Elland Road in a long time and parked in the official parking next to the ground and it only cost £6 which was less than I expected. Getting in and out wasn’t too bad and seemed well organised.

The ground is due an upgrade supposedly increasing capacity to 55k and improving the standards but let’s wait and see on that one.