London Broncos Matchday Experience in 2023

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

So…how was the matchday experience?

I didn't bother with it (I tend to go on my own and pushing 50 I don't think the fanzone is for me) - but it was noticeable that there were a lot of families, kids and women in attendance. The crowd felt very different and younger to last year.

So it must have had a good impact.

I did not go , but from what I have heard it was much better than the flop last year... Also team did ok (yes they lost but matched up pretty well, and the game was a good one). The key will be if they retain it for the next game, if they can keep it around 1500 then this will tell us if they can hold momuntum

They also need to get a couple of wins in, if we end up waiting to may again for a home win, I can see crowds drifting away sharpish

I went (courtesy of a £5 AFCW ticket).

Much more family friendly now in the East stand - which has a Hull KR Craven Streat-style open air fanzone area - than in the enclosed West.

I was greeted by Buck & Dusty as I entered. Nice touch. There was one of those inflatable 'pass the ball into a hole' things that was in constant use by kids. The old inflatable assault course was there but out of use (damaged?). 

Food and drink was better than last year: the East stand bars and the pub were open, and there were gourmet coffee, pizza and burger stalls doing a decent trade. There was a small offering of Broncos merch in the Wimbledon club shop.

Atmos was helped by a pretty much full stand with good Batley support, a competitive game. There were plenty of kids there thanks in part to community clubs like Brixton Bulls being out in force.

If London had won it would have been an unqualified success.

If I was to pick holes, it would be the lack of PA announcements on scorers/interchanges although that might be a case of the PA being rubbish at Plough Lane (there have been problems with it from day one).

Edited by Man of Kent
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PA announcements were completely inaudible

The East stand is a much better option than the west one and the area behind it ideal for food and drink. Pity it was cold yesterday, it is still February though, this will be a much better area in summer. Good attendance and using the smaller east stand resulted in a much better atmosphere.

Edited by bromleybulldog
  • Like 2

Encouraging news from the first game.

I've got my fingers crossed that this is a fresh start for London and hope their past, lapsed, supporters can be attracted back into the fold.

Come on London. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bromleybulldog said:

PA announcements were completely inaudible

The East stand is a much better option than the west one and the area behind it ideal for food and drink. Pity it was cold yesterday, it is still February though, this will be a much better area in summer. Good attendance and using the smaller east stand resulted in a much better atmosphere.

Lets hope the Sun does not become too much of a problem in Summer, but this is England, we hardly ever see the son anyway

Of course most of the summer we are playing away owing to no pitch availabilty, so I don't think it will be much of an issue anyway

Edited by crashmon