Economic & Social Benefits to Hosting Major Sporting Events (RLWC included)

It's 74 pages though so I haven't read it yet. But, y'know, something to chew on ...

https://www.uksport.gov.uk/news/2023/01/12/new-report-reveals-economic-and-social-benefits-of-the-uk-hosting-sporting-events๐Ÿ”—

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.ย (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's 74 pages though so I haven't read it yet. But, y'know, something to chew on ...

https://www.uksport.gov.uk/news/2023/01/12/new-report-reveals-economic-and-social-benefits-of-the-uk-hosting-sporting-events๐Ÿ”—

Not a very worthwhile activity when most of the RL cba'd to show up.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol: ย Non-Political

ย 

ย 

ย 

On 12/01/2023 at 14:25, Oxford said:

Not a very worthwhile activity when most of the RL cba'd to show up.

Maybe you should've read the report before coming up with an opinion considerably at variance with the facts.

It's not all about filling stadia.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 minute ago, Griff said:

Maybe you should've read the report before coming up with an opinion considerably at variance with the facts.

It's not all about filling stadia.

I read the report and another similar article and some posts .

Maybe you should read what I said and not jump to conclusions.

The legacy of finance is brilliant, the legacy of the international game is appallingly poor.

ย 

ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I read the report and another similar article and some posts .

Maybe you should read what I said and not jump to conclusions.

The legacy of finance is brilliant, the legacy of the international game is appallingly poor.

I gave you too much credit.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Griff said:

I gave you too much credit.

Playing the same old tune Griff.

Take careย  & all the best.

27 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

There have and will be no economic benefits from the RLWC 2021, and many await the final financials with interest especially the SL clubs who fear a haircut on their SKY money if the RFL have to bail the losses out.

ย 

I think that in the article I read it stated that the amateur game was a big winner and I think it was Our League but don't quote me on that one ..... well you can if you want want to.

Edited by Oxford

ย 

ย 

ย 

From the Executive summary.

"90% OF RESPONDENTS TO OUR NATIONAL SURVEY AGREED THATย HOSTING MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS SHOWCASES THE COUNTRY WELL"

(The missing 10% being rugby league fans?)

Edited by JohnM

I don't think anyone who has been to a place that has been (re)developed as a result of a major tournament, be that most of Stratford or an Amateur RL clubhouse, could think it was a bad investment that hasn't brought any benefits.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

From the Executive summary.

"90% OF RESPONDENTS TO OUR NATIONAL SURVEY AGREED THATย HOSTING MAJOR SPORTING EVENTS SHOWCASES THE COUNTRY WELL"

(The missing 10% being rugby league fans?)

Probably.

Nothing's ever good enough for rugby league fans.

18 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

There have and will be no economic benefits from the RLWC 2021, and many await the final financials with interest especially the SL clubs who fear a haircut on their SKY money if the RFL have to bail the losses out.

ย 

This is the only thing I fear on this forum, when informed and rational posters foreshadow bad news...ย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

This is the only thing I fear on this forum, when informed and rational posters foreshadow bad news...ย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I suspect the bill for the WC will be not that much bigger, if at all, than the player insurance premium hike the game faces this year.