13-Cameron McInnes

14-Issah Yeo
15-Haumole Olakauatu
16-Spencer Leniu
17-Hudson Young

18-Matt Burton
19-Luke Keary
20-Mitch Barnett

Horrible team IMO, No Tedesco is beyond a joke. Mitchell should be in the side, so should Korisau. McInnes is a solid player but should be starting for NSW over one of the best players in the world in Yeo, that’s just a joke. Also not sure why we have 2 Back rower’s on the bench and not sure how Leniu gets in over Utoikamanu.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Horrible team IMO, No Tedesco is beyond a joke. Mitchell should be in the side, so should Korisau. McInnes is a solid player but should be starting for NSW over one of the best players in the world in Yeo, that’s just a joke. Also not sure why we have 2 Back rower’s on the bench and not sure how Leniu gets in over Utoikamanu.

Tedesco is well past his best and Mitchell has been atrocious this season both on and off the pitch.

id have burton over luai as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, John bird said:

Tedesco is well past his best and Mitchell has been atrocious this season both on and off the pitch.

id have burton over luai as well.

Tedesco is probably at his best this season no way is he “well past his best”. 7 Tries, 10 assists, 170 Metres a game, 71 Tackle breaks. He is arguably the best player in the world as he has been for the past 5-6 years.

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 2

QLD reported team

1-Reece Walsh
2-Xavier Coates
3-Valentine Holmes
4-Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
5-Murray Taulagi
6-Tom Dearden  
7-Daly Cherry-Evans
8-Reuben Cotter
9-Ben Hunt
10-Lindsay Collins
11-Jaydn Su’a
12-Jeremiah Nanai  
13-Patrick Carrigan

14-Harry Grant
15-Moeaki Fotuaika 
16-J’Maine Hopgood   
17-Selwyn Cobbo

18-Felise Kaufusi
19-Brendan Piakura  
20-Ezra Mam

1 hour ago, NRLandSL said:

Tedesco is probably at his best this season no way is he “well past his best”. 7 Tries, 10 assists, 170 Metres a game, 71 Tackle breaks. He is arguably the best player in the world as he has been for the past 5-6 years.

Yeah, fair point as well past his best was a bit harsh.

id still pick edwards over tedesco though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Personally, I prefer to go on the Aussie forum for this as it doesn’t get ambushed.  Can this go on the Aussie forum that Graham posts on gents?  

More eyes on the general forum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

That loud noise you heard earlier this evening was everyone in NSW (except you) sighing in great relief that Tedesco won't be around this year to absolutely murder our attack.

• Like 1

NZ  thrashed the combined lot of em last time out (Australia) who cares about over hyped origin anymore? bring back proper internationals instead of show boat games

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I would have stuck with Tedesco personally he’s bounced back with his form this year , but I’ve no problem with Edwards his consistency has been staggering and I can’t argue with rewarding that . Very close call . Bench looks a bit lacking in flexibility , big onus on Robson , I guess Mcinnes could spell him if needed . I like the Maroons 17 better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

NZ  thrashed the combined lot of em last time out (Australia) who cares about over hyped origin anymore? bring back proper internationals instead of show boat games

I used to be for the wholesale scrapping of origin but I’ve recently softened my stance to have an annual 1 game state of origin in order for bringing back the 3 test trans-Tasman series to be played during the regular season as well as either the reintroduction of the 4nations tournament or  a 6 nations pacific tournament to be played end of the regular domestic season.

McInnes is a great workhorse, but Yeo is in a different league. Odd selection there.

Edwards is a super dependable player, but Teddy has been playing great recently. I think it is a pretty harsh call on the Aussie captain.

• Like 1

I'm fine with Mitchell being overlooked.

I don't think his head is in the right space, he's unfit, and very patchy in form. I'd be concerned that he would blow a gasket and get marched from the field.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Ezra Mam in the squad but not playing? I’ve not seen much of the NRL this year but Walsh and Mam are a devastating partnership. 

To not even have him on the bench is mind blowing to me.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I don't think his head is in the right space, he's unfit, and very patchy in form. I'd be concerned that he would blow a gasket and get marched from the field.

Or say something ridiculous in an interview.

the guy is clearly in a bad place at the moment.

Edited by John bird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John bird said:

I used to be for the wholesale scrapping of origin but I’ve recently softened my stance to have an annual 1 game state of origin in order for bringing back the 3 test trans-Tasman series to be played during the regular season as well as either the reintroduction of the 4nations tournament or  a 6 nations pacific tournament to be played end of the regular domestic season.

Origin is a huge income earner for the game… they would move to best of five before they would go to one game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anita Bath said:

Origin is a huge income earner for the game… they would move to best of five before they would go to one game.

Sadly you are right.

It’s become a behemoth that not only sucks up all the air around RL pre, during and post origin period but even dominates the whole sporting landscape of Australia and it’s not changing anytime soon.

37 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I didnt even consider him tbh

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

NSW team has just been announced-

1-Dylan Edwards
2-Brian To’o
3-Stephen Crichton
4-Joseph Suaalii
5-Zac Lomax  
6-Jarome Luai
7-Nicho Hynes
8-Jake Trbojevic
9-Reece Robson
10-Payne Haas
11-Angus Crichton   
12-Liam Martin  
13-Cameron McInnes

14-Issah Yeo
15-Haumole Olakauatu
16-Spencer Leniu
17-Hudson Young

18-Matt Burton
19-Luke Keary
20-Mitch Barnett

I can see why Edwards has got the #1 jersey as he has been super consistent and effective.   But he does have a very specific role for the Panthers which is a carry on play 4 on ab exit set to win a quick play the ball.  I still think Tedesco has a more dangerous running game in broken play.

Can't work out why you would start McInnes over Yeo and I wouldn't be surprised if that swapped round on the day.

Tye back line are all strong and will carry the ball well but Lomax is not in the same league as a finisher as the best wingers in the NRL and that may bite them.  But he will compete ok every play - and high ball which may be a go to play for them.  He is easily wound up though and Queensland may niggle him to get a rise.

The pack is solid enough but I would have gone with the guile of Koroisau to provide a bit of spark around the ruck.

Can't help feel that NSW have made the same mistake they always do and haven't picked enough grunt up front. They have a club 13 starting in the front row, two edge forwards and another club 13 on the bench so just one extra prop.  That may bite them, but if the rumoured Queensland 13 is right then they haven't packed the bench with big middles either.

All this is of course not nearly as important as whether Hynes and Luai can step up and play as a pair.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Origin will always be the big occasion for Rugby League Australia.  It attracts the highest tv audience of any programme (not just sports).

What we need is a vibrant international scene as well as Origin, not instead of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

26 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Origin will always be the big occasion for Rugby League Australia.  It attracts the highest tv audience of any programme (not just sports).

What we need is a vibrant international scene as well as Origin, not instead of it.

International RL plays second fiddle to state of origin sadly and can’t see it changing anytime soon.