Are Saints in the News?

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I joined an Aussie RL forum early this year. First response to my first post was an accusation of AFL bias. Didn't see that coming.

Gave the bloke short shrift and second response began "Sorry I thought you was a Fumbler".

We do that automatically to the newbies on the Aussie forum no matter what you post, just to let you know the ground rules.

It`s a bit like getting your head dunked in the toilets on your first week in high school. I was lucky, I avoided that rite of passage because I had a good-looking sister in year 9.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I joined an Aussie RL forum early this year. First response to my first post was an accusation of AFL bias. Didn't see that coming.

Gave the bloke short shrift and second response began "Sorry I thought you was a Fumbler".

What forum is it? I don’t know of any. Total RL is a legacy of my English days.

On 20/02/2023 at 10:42, fighting irish said:

I really enjoyed the coverage. Adam Hills and the C4 presentation are a breath of fresh air.

Great result for Saints and Super League, who (I thought) were worthy winners. 

Here's a glimpse into my soul - It was clear the Penrith fans were unhappy the booing was audible throughout, no more so than when Makinson was attempting his conversion. 

I was disappointed that they virtually cleared the ground (in minutes) before the official declaration of the result and presentation of the cup.

Come on Penrith?

I'm still clinging to the belief, that it's supposed to be a sporting contest played (and watched) by gentlemen. 

You do know it’s 2023 fi? Those principles disappeared decades ago.

8 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I am surprised that you hadn’t learned vicariously at least, where any acknowledgement to another code, especially AFL, on a RL forum will only lead to derision from the unstable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

You do know it’s 2023 fi? Those principles disappeared decades ago.

Yes, more's the pity.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Wellens and Makinson were on BBC Breakfast this morning apparently. I haven’t watched it for years but will have a look on iPlayer later. 

And I think it was Lewis Dodd on 5Live this morning as well.
I caught the segment on Breakfast and they did a good job of telling the story.

58hrs to get home due to transport delays... I have a feeling the Cas game might be a tad too far this weekend. You'd have to be robotic to not lose some focus after being so up for Penrith then the media hype and travel disruptions this week.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The Rocket said:

We do that automatically to the newbies on the Aussie forum no matter what you post, just to let you know the ground rules.

It`s a bit like getting your head dunked in the toilets on your first week in high school. I was lucky, I avoided that rite of passage because I had a good-looking sister in year 9.

Where does she live? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

What forum is it? I don’t know of any. Total RL is a legacy of my English days.

Better not advertise a rival to TRL. 

Might interest you that a number of the more committed and prolific posters seem to be Sharks fans. They really defend the club against it's detractors. Good on them.

Got a soft spot for Cronulla myself. Thriving junior league in an area of higher-than-average incomes. RL needs more of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

Wellens and Makinson were on BBC Breakfast this morning apparently. I haven’t watched it for years but will have a look on iPlayer later. 

now as a clip on the sport website too 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-league/64733413

• Like 2

20 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Better not advertise a rival to TRL. 

Might interest you that a number of the more committed and prolific posters seem to be Sharks fans. They really defend the club against it's detractors. Good on them.

Got a soft spot for Cronulla myself. Thriving junior league in an area of higher-than-average incomes. RL needs more of that.

Dare I say it, the Sharks have so much similarity where they need to aim and pitch themselves similar to the Cats.