Matty Russell's try (30 seconds into this video) last night was probably one you would put down to a poor pass by Greg Eden than a great read.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/12841983/castleford-tigers-0-38-warrington-wolves-super-league-highlights

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I’m gonna add to the list: tries that are really quite run of the mill then the winger does a mad swan dive at the corner and everyone’s like ooooooohhhhhh magiccccccc what a tryyyyyy

On 23/03/2023 at 18:40, doc said:

I wasn't a fan of the one Widnes gave away against London. Liam Finn to Keiran Dixon. Watching the fastest man on the pitch scoring, to rubber stamp our relegation wasn't enthralling. 😁

Not the only interception try that Dixon scored that went on to have a major impact on promotion/relegation.

In 2018, Fev were playing London in the penultimate game of the season and a crucial top 4 matchup.

Fev were firmly on top, leading 7-0 with half an hour to go and looked set to score again and probably seal the game when Dixon intercepted and went 90 metres to score.

They went on to win 14-7. If Fev had won that game, Fev would have finished second and London 5th and out of the middle 8s. The reverse happened and London went on to beat Toronto in the Million Pound game, thus earning promotion.

• Like 3

I like interception tries, particularly when it gives you the chance to compare the speed of opposing wingers, or the winger vs the full back, in a foot race to the line over a decent distance like a length of the field try.

I see less of these situations in the modern game, but used to enjoy it in 1980’s/1990’s era games.

I’m thinking of people like Offiah, Robinson, Hunte etc

On 27/03/2023 at 22:36, doc said:

I only went to one Yorkshire Cup Final. The one with the Schofield interception try, a classic.

Schoey made the interception an art form and dangerous weapon in his arsenal of skills. The 95 challenge cup semi against fev as well. Although he really struggled to get there with that one and was almost caught. A younger schoey would have been under the sticks and jogged the last 20meters

• Like 1

On 23/03/2023 at 18:28, ELBOWSEYE said:

Your making the mistake of rating a try when an intercept will if from distance have the teams fans cheering the full sprint. So generally they have a bigger impact and in a lot of cases are against the run of play 

That's true but I thought we were basing this on the neutral observer, like if you were judging on a try of the season criteria.

Context is interesting though as you say, Welsby's GF try isn't like a spectacular try but in the context of the game it was an incredible moment.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

On 23/03/2023 at 17:17, The Blues Ox said:

Depends like someone said above. Tipping the ball up in the air off a pass and been able to catch it can be a very hard skill like a change of direction at the right point when someone is chasing you but just catching and running really isn't worthy of try of the week mentions.

Unless it's Ste Tyrer against the bullies! 😅