v Halifax.

RLDB

As said, the pitch was the same for both sides. Watching the game back Fax had enough chances to have won that game with a bit to spare. It's to Barrow's credit we didn't. Onto the cup game down't Shay on what i suspect will be a heavy pitch and i expect a Fax win by about 18 points, we shall see. Up The Fax ❗🏉

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

As said, the pitch was the same for both sides. Watching the game back Fax had enough chances to have won that game with a bit to spare. It's to Barrow's credit we didn't. Onto the cup game down't Shay on what i suspect will be a heavy pitch and i expect a Fax win by about 18 points, we shall see. Up The Fax ❗🏉

I'm pretty sure Barrow will field a few fringe players in order to focus on Whitehaven on Good Friday who don't play this weekend 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

I'm pretty sure Barrow will field a few fringe players in order to focus on Whitehaven on Good Friday who don't play this weekend 

Maybe, but if they do that would be a sad indictment of the diminished state of the Challenge Cup. 🏉

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bring back GB said:

Possibly but our main concern is staying in the championship 

I would agree with this. Tough game away to Halifax. Good opportunity to rest some key players and give some of the squad an opportunity. Hug game against whitehaven next friday 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I liked both your halves,especially Keyes who caused no end of problems for us defensively especially in the first half.Good sized pack too who I thought would be difficult to handle on the heavy pitch.
Barrow stayed in the game even though they still made some bad errors and finished strong,Fax withered badly towards the end.
I could see how you beat Fev though,looked a well rounded side to me 👍🏻

• Like 2

Cresta has been saying they haven't been able to do ball work because of the weather and the pitch. 4 teams training and playing on 1 pitch plus others activities including marquees. It's no surprise the pitch is churning up. Desperately need some all weather or alternative training facilities for all teams. 

9 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

Cresta has been saying they haven't been able to do ball work because of the weather and the pitch. 4 teams training and playing on 1 pitch plus others activities including marquees. It's no surprise the pitch is churning up. Desperately need some all weather or alternative training facilities for all teams. 

Holker Street?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 31/03/2023 at 20:40, Gus Tyson said:

Holker pioneers maybe 

Don't exist anymore Roose have taken over.

You'll upset a lot of people in this town with that statement especially the current Barrow Chairman Mr Neale.

Holker Pioneers and Roose merged to form Roose Pioneers, Roose certainly haven't taken over.

Edited by richie keay
  • Like 1
richiekeay.gif