Mon 17th Apr: Ch: Sheffield Eagles v Swinton Lions KO 19:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles
    • Swinton Lions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/04/23 at 19:00

53 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I hadn't realised until tonight that , on a zero tackle after a knock on, if the ref calls 6 again on that tackle, it becomes the minus 1 tackle, ie the following tackle is tackle zero not tackle 1.

Blimey. Me head hurts❗😅

Strange to see both teams not interested in competing for a high kick on the last tackle, particularly when playing on a 3G pitch where letting it bounce can create absolute havoc for either side. The old adage "never let a rugby league ball bounce" not longer applies apparently.

17 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Strange to see both teams not interested in competing for a high kick on the last tackle, particularly when playing on a 3G pitch where letting it bounce can create absolute havoc for either side. The old adage "never let a rugby league ball bounce" not longer applies apparently.

I think floodlights, and in particular not very bright floodlights, are a factor here.

• Like 2

The game was a bit scrappy and Sheffield missed the distribution of Thackeray.Swinton had the right tactics in moving the ball about and offloading as the Sheffield pack looked bigger and i don't think Swinton would have had much joy going down the middle.I also thought one of the held up over the line a part of the ball looked to make contact with the ground.I was getting fed up with ball stealing when it was all on .But going back to one on one it works.Pity it was not the other way round and a Swinton player stealing a ball in the last couple of minutes to win the game rather than Jesse  clinching it for Sheffield.

• Like 2

First time Ive watched the Viaplay coverage. Replays were a bit weird, but commentary was OK and the pre and post match stuff was pretty good. Quite a long interview with Mark Aston, and I assume with the Swinton coach too (I was informed I'd been watching long enough by then). Cooke and Amor were good as well.

Not convinced by the half time food testing 😀 - eating a sausage with a wooden fork isn't the best idea.

Edited by tim2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

14 minutes ago, tim2 said:

First time Ive watched the Viaplay coverage. Replays were a bit weird, but commentary was OK and the pre and post match stuff was pretty good. Quite a long interview with Mark Aston, and I assume with the Swinton coach too (I was informed I'd been watching long enough by then). Cooke and Amor were good as well.

Not convinced by the half time food testing 😀 - eating a sausage with a wooden fork isn't the best idea.

No you might drop it -----

12 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Counts on the IMG grading.

Eating a suausage with a wooden fork? That's niche. Better get practicising - every point counts.

I hope for Sheffield's sake that floodlighting doesn't count too much.

Back to the game - the Eagles were terrible. If we play like that against Fev we'll get smashed.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

21 hours ago, tim2 said:

Eating a suausage with a wooden fork? That's niche. Better get practicising - every point counts.

I hope for Sheffield's sake that floodlighting doesn't count too much.

Back to the game - the Eagles were terrible. If we play like that against Fev we'll get smashed.

Don't worry you won't play like that against us.

• Like 1