Fri 21st Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/23 at 19:30

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leigh should really be a lot more ahead with the possession ands territory theyve had, Leeds get a shot at the line for the first time and pull a score back.

16-6

Leeds do tend to score points in the second half so this game is nowhere near done

Let's be honest here they never looked in the game at any point from kick off Smith deffo had a game plan with that bench,and abject failure ensued.

12 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Let's be honest here they never looked in the game at any point from kick off Smith deffo had a game plan with that bench,and abject failure ensued.

They were ######, you’ll be happy like many Leeds fans when we lose 😉

Leigh are a good side, Leeds ate consistently inconsistent, its hardly a massive shock.

Edited by Chrispmartha

Well I wasn’t expecting such a one sided affair, Leigh blew Leeds away and not for a few dropped balls early in the tackle count and O’Brien not giving Briscoe the ball that would have been 30+ points.

Austin was very dangerous with ball in hand but his kicking was poor today, Leeds worked hard but lacked a cutting edge.

If we Leigh want to proceed up the table we are going to have to be more clinical in attack we should have had the game sewn up before half time, just took the wrong option on 3 occasions and a couple of sloppy knock-ons, but saying that Leeds were pretty resolute in defence after the onslaught of the first 15 mins and quite a few other teams may well have capitulated, Leeds had a good 18 mins of constant attack in the second half and it was Leigh's turn to defend well, Austen and Sezer don't offer very many options for Leeds strike player's both far to slow over the ground and between the ear holes.

23 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

They were ######, you’ll be happy like many Leeds fans when we lose 😉

Leigh are a good side, Leeds ate consistently inconsistent, its hardly a massive shock.

Oh yeah Im totally over the moon im not shocked either and if you're happy good for you. 

6 minutes ago, binosh said:

Every time he ran at the line today he looked dangerous, probably the biggest threat for Leeds.

How many line breaks did Leeds make with his efforts, it was either all the support players ran the wrong lines or his method and deliver was somewhat wanting, a half back playing for one of our leading clubs should be producing better, all my opinion of course.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

How many line breaks did Leeds make with his efforts, it was either all the support players ran the wrong lines or his method and deliver was somewhat wanting, a half back playing for one of our leading clubs should be producing better, all my opinion of course.

He’s near the top of the try assist charts and created our only try tonight, but he can’t do it on his own, or with Myler at 7 for the second half.

Most disappointing thing about tonight's game was the Leeds support , for a non televised game albeit on a Friday , it was on a par with a Featherstone support on a televised Monday game in the Championship 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Most disappointing thing about tonight's game was the Leeds support , for a non televised game albeit on a Friday , it was on a par with a Featherstone support on a televised Monday game in the Championship 

There were plenty empty seats in the leigh stands aswell.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I had the same inkling looking at the South Stand, but I would say Fev brought more fans than Leeds did tonight, about 500 to 700 I would say.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think you're opinion is fair Austin just seems lost somewhat and it just doesn't work with Sezer.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah but we have only 42,000 in our town and we get about 6,000 at home, you have 800,000 and can only muster about 12,000, but lets not get onto that one shall we?

And they regularily get 10 K home fans , but brought as many as Fev who get 2500/3000 home fans as an average 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah but we have only 42,000 in our town and we get about 6,000 at home, you have 800,000 and can only muster about 12,000, but lets not get onto that one shall we?

No let’s not, if we are slagging off the best supported RL club in the country we’re going to be in a pointless argument 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1