Fri 21st Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/23 at 19:30

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

No let’s not, if we are slagging off the best supported RL club in the country we’re going to be in a pointless argument 

I wonder what weighting IMG would give it ? 

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What Leeds Rhinos attendance record, well being the best supported RL club and the one with the largest Social Media following, what do you reckon 😉

Sorry , I'd forgot , away fans don't count do they ? , Fair enough , but a ###### poor turnout from the Leeds faithful tonight , on a par ( just ) with a fev or fax 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

As I say our home form is good,you might not find it as easy at Headingley, but looking forward to thousands upon thousands of Leigh fans coming 😉 

Well, the support will inevitably be impacted if we’ve secured a playoff spot by then but we’ll do our best…😉

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If we Leigh want to proceed up the table we are going to have to be more clinical in attack we should have had the game sewn up before half time, just took the wrong option on 3 occasions and a couple of sloppy knock-ons, but saying that Leeds were pretty resolute in defence after the onslaught of the first 15 mins and quite a few other teams may well have capitulated, Leeds had a good 18 mins of constant attack in the second half and it was Leigh's turn to defend well, Austen and Sezer don't offer very many options for Leeds strike player's both far to slow over the ground and between the ear holes.

Bless, there's just no pleasing some folk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Clearly a good win for Leigh, even if it was only against Leeds. It's always good for fans to experience such mid-table excitement.👍

You can only win what's in front of you 

CAS up next 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

So you thought that we did not make more opportunities to score in the first half and being more clinical would have accomplished that?

Leeds’ defended a lot better after the first twenty.

I thought Leeds actually were on top in the second half but our execution was absolutely abysmal. But fair play to Leigh they did what they needed to after a blistering start.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The only way i can see Leigh not having a crack at the playoffs is if they get some injuries to key players, they are an enthusiastic well drilled team.

My worry all along, our squad is to thin and it really does put us behind the 8 ball with not having an academy to call on.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds’ defended a lot better after the first twenty.

I thought Leeds actually were on top in the second half but our execution was absolutely abysmal. But fair play to Leigh they did what they needed to after a blistering start.

In the first half agree as I said earlier Leeds defended well after the first 15 or so minutes, but being stood at the end Leigh were attacking we could probably see more clearly than the view from over 100 metres away how we just lacked that finishing touch to put the game to bed before half time.

First 25 minutes was near perfect from Leigh, but then started being a bit sloppy with the ball and bombed a number of chances. We really should’ve been 30+ points up at half time.

Then in the second half, I thought we were still sloppy with the ball, gifting a number of sets in our own half. But the defence was excellent throughout. I was worried we would tire and concede enough to lose the game in the last quarter, given we only made 4 interchanges in the first 70 minutes as well as all the defending we did. But thankfully a couple of penalties put the game to bed. 

Just now, phiggins said:

First 25 minutes was near perfect from Leigh, but then started being a bit sloppy with the ball and bombed a number of chances. We really should’ve been 30+ points up at half time.

Then in the second half, I thought we were still sloppy with the ball, gifting a number of sets in our own half. But the defence was excellent throughout. I was worried we would tire and concede enough to lose the game in the last quarter, given we only made 4 interchanges in the first 70 minutes as well as all the defending we did. But thankfully a couple of penalties put the game to bed. 

Leeds started to chase the game way too early IMO which is in contrast to how weve played when we have come back from behind in recent games.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

My worry all along, our squad is to thin and it really does put us behind the 8 ball with not having an academy to call on.

Hopefully a few signs of the squad looking a bit deeper, with Davis now playing prop/13 rather than hooker, smith available and I think Wilde has done enough to keep his place instead of Ava when Nakubuwei is back. Then we have Brand who is close to being available after injury and reality TV.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds started to chase the game way too early IMO which is in contrast to how weve played when we have come back from behind in recent games.

Maybe. Defence looked more composed than attack at both ends from 25 minutes onwards