New merchandise

herbie

I am not averse to the new understated 'all black' range, but I do think I may be missing something here.

I have always thought that the idea of club merchandise, was to enable a supporter to show their pride in the club they support and, in turn, was a way of promoting that club. Some of the items in the new range show only '1876' - that will mean absolutely nothing to anyone outside a core base of fans. Neither do the items that show a 'blacked-out' club badge, promote any sense of pride in Oldham RLFC.

Surely to attract new fans, we need to be 'loud and proud' of our club and reflect that, in the merchandise options. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I am not averse to the new understated 'all black' range, but I do think I may be missing something here.

I have always thought that the idea of club merchandise, was to enable a supporter to show their pride in the club they support and, in turn, was a way of promoting that club. Some of the items in the new range show only '1876' - that will mean absolutely nothing to anyone outside a core base of fans. Neither do the items that show a 'blacked-out' club badge, promote any sense of pride in Oldham RLFC.

Surely to attract new fans, we need to be 'loud and proud' of our club and reflect that, in the merchandise options. 

Some nice items in red in the players range .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Surely to attract new fans, we need to be 'loud and proud' of our club and reflect that, in the merchandise options

There are three ranges of merchandise available now giving fans plenty of choice.

For what it’s worth my grandkids love the black range  

5 hours ago, Logic said:

. Some of the items in the new range show only '1876' -

The club was founded in 1876 and the heritage of the club is now being given the platform it deserves. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

1876?...merely new kids on the block. Heritage begins at 150 years…..ask the mighty hornets🙂

Nah, there's a heritage ratio whereby you take number of years,147, divide it by challenge cup wins,3, championships,3, years in superleague,3, which is 147÷9= 16.333333/1 The lower the ratio the higher your heritage. Hornets is probably over 100/1. 😛

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Haha 3

On 30/04/2023 at 16:00, sheddingswasus said:

There are three ranges of merchandise available now giving fans plenty of choice.

For what it’s worth my grandkids love the black range  

The club was founded in 1876 and the heritage of the club is now being given the platform it deserves. 

With a 150 year celebration in 3 years. Street parties, parades, Wembley!?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Nah, there's a heritage ratio whereby you take number of years,147, divide it by challenge cup wins,3, championships,3, years in superleague,3, which is 147÷9= 16.333333/1 The lower the ratio the higher your heritage. Hornets is probably over 100/1. 😛

Brilliant…..do you work for IMG by any chance? If not you should apply now. They are always looking for blokes who can come up with a formula that provides the answer they want.

I always thought Decimal Place was a cul de sac in Royton.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2023 at 20:32, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Anyone ordered? I did a week yesterday, had a confirmation email but nothing since, anyone know the delivery turnaround? 

Have a look at the Elgren website. The Google reviews aren't good.