New signing

I agree this is an exciting signing and well done to the club for getting it over the line.

Worth pointing to temper expectations that he is still very raw, hasn't played Queensland Cup yet let alone NRL, so in effect he hasn't played against men yet (only U21s) as far as I can tell, but then the same could be said for Harry Newman etc when they played for us on DR as teenagers  and of course it's even tougher to break into an NRL team, and he has been in an NRL training environment.

My guess is regarding the agreement with Titans, if he goes well I suspect it will be less a case of "we will give him a year in SL" than "please can we have him for a year in SL"!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I agree this is an exciting signing and well done to the club for getting it over the line.

Worth pointing to temper expectations that he is still very raw, hasn't played Queensland Cup yet let alone NRL, so in effect he hasn't played against men yet (only U21s) as far as I can tell, but then the same could be said for Harry Newman etc when they played for us on DR as teenagers  and of course it's even tougher to break into an NRL team, and he has been in an NRL training environment.

My guess is regarding the agreement with Titans, if he goes well I suspect it will be less a case of "we will give him a year in SL" than "please can we have him for a year in SL"!

Maybe it’s a similar kind of situation as Eseh, another young prob, albeit he’d had experience of playing against men. At the end of the day, there’s little to lose, and a potential massive upside given his potential. 

• Like 3

HE may have only played against U/21's but apparently he is a big unit with all the  skills, .so don't think stepping up to the championship will be overwhelming for him and I don't think he will be under any pressure to perform it's not like he is an NRL  superstar with a reputation to uphold

Bottom line were not bringing him half way round the world to sit him in the stand so what is the best way to  utilise his undoubted talents I think bringing him off the bench the same time as McKenzie running at some tired defenders is the way to GO

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a really exciting signing, I'd much sooner we go down this route than bringing in someone in his mid-30s from Elite 1. It sounds like he's seen exclusively as a back row these days despite having played in a loose forward-type role earlier in his career so he's probably competiting with the likes of Day and Bussey for game time.